Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

AYWI30C #10: Pick a substyle

Ahem. Once again it has been way too long since I did one of these! I hoping to be more regular in future and post a couple of these a month but well, I'm not making any promises ^__^

Anyway, today's Around Your Wardrobe in 30 Coordinates topic is to coord in a particular substyle. I don't want to do anything that I've done before so that rules out so of my immediate favourites like bittersweet, mid-00s OTT sweet, and steampunk. So I was thumbing through my wardrobe and then my fingers landed on Dramatic Rose - it was fate! My substyle was going to be hime lolita!

Hime is not something I've ever worn, nor will I probably ever do it outside of a really fancy meetup or an equally luxurious photoshoot. But now that I've come up with this coordinate, I really want to organise some suitable time for me to wear it because it is gorgeous!


Just wow. How lush is all the lace?! I really wish I had some fancy lace tights to go with it, but even with just patterned OTKS this coordinate is really detailed and decadent. Serisouly though, jsut look at this close up!


To match the OTT laciness of the JSK and bolero combo, I puled out the canotier headdress as well as another floral and pearl chain accessory. I still honestly don't like the matching headdress much, but even so it would look amazing nestled into a big, bouffant hairstyle.


Then for added decadence, I added flowers to everything and stacked up a load of glittery bracelets. It's also not very visible in the photos but I paired this looked with my simple Liz Lisa ribbon choker - I feel it was the best aesthetic match.


I mean, clipping flowers to things is not new to me, but it works. It just gives a little extra detail. Why buy fancy floral shoes when you can just add flowers to your existing ones?


I just have to say again how much I utterly love this outfit. I kind of didn't expect too and I'm so happy I discovered a wonderful new outfit combination by doing this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment