Pages

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Lolita 52: The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get

I’ve mentioned before that I don’t really have dream dresses, though I do have a wishlist, so I’ve never actively hunted down particular items for lolita. Therefore I don’t really have an item that was the hardest to get in the conventional lolita sense.

The closest thing I can think of was going through two Angelic Pretty bloodbaths for Loyal Rosette and then for the Twinkle Doll set which was a bit stressful! But those items aren’t in my wardrobe any more so they don’t really count.

I braved the crashing of the AP website for this...

This has been another really brief Lolita 52 post, brought to you by the fact that though I really love lolita I don’t fall passionately in love with pieces and hunt them down through the years. I buy what’s available at a reasonable price and that’s a little bit odd in this subculture!

2 comments:

  1. How come you ended up in bloodbaths for these two prints? What's the story behind them? As you say, for someone who doesn't fall for specific prints and gets reasonable prices, ending up in a bloodbath for anything seems odd and I'm curious about the backstory. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well Loyal Rosette was my first brand new brand and at that time I thought it was worth it especially because new AP felt like such as "lolita experience". But after discovering it didn't fit and that my love didn't match my excitement, I realised I wouldn't really do it again. Twinkle Doll was because I love special sets and it was cheap enough to be worth a shot, but the AP site was one again atrocious!

      Delete