Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

2015 Lolita Wardrobe Post

I did it again! I posted my wardrobe to EGL and you can see it if you click here. I just wanted to share some of my favourite shots here and have a bit of a ramble about my wardrobe, because it's mine and I'm proud of it.


This shot I love for two reasons. Firstly, it's my newest JSK next to my oldest... and they're both pretty florals! Second, Anniversary Rose is my first brand-new, non-lucky pack brand that I've kept. I still don't think I'm ever going to be a solely brand lolita, but I feel quite proud that I've added several brand pieces to my wardrobe this past year.


My shoe collection hasn't grown much [only five new lolita pairs in the year] but I just loved how pretty this photo was! It's nice to have a wide variety of footwear.


Similar to how I'm glad to have added some brand to my wardrobe, I'm also happy to have worked in more good indie stuff and a little handmade! The Lyris dress is still my favourite piece, and I'm really happy to have finished the brown and green JSK.


None of these socks were in my wardrobe last year, but now I have them I can't imagine being without them. Brand OTKs are comfortable, stretchy and wonderful... I don't think I can go back to offbrand. I've also acquired more tights, including a black and a white lace pair.


This year I also own bags! I've never been much of a bag person but thanks to the cheapness of taobao and the gloriousness of Axes Femme I actually have a variety of bag I use when wearing lolita. The gobelin one is my favourite, I don't even have words for how awesome it it. And my other Axes Femme one is super cute, it's one of those three-way bags and it would be the cutest in a school-girl inspired outfit.


I also discovered that I love coloured blouses. A lot. And I've added quite a few, including the two above. I just feel that coloured blouses can make outfits that much more unique and really make prints pop.

In 2015, as I've already mentioned in another post, I want to buy less and sew more. To keep myself vaguely organised and accountable I'll be posting up a "want to sew" list soon. But overall, I'm really happy with how my lolita wardrobe has come together. It really feels like a cohesive collection now, adn I'm proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment