Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2020

AYWI30C #22: Based around some interesting legwear

For this prompt I opened my OTK drawer and looked for a pair of socks that I've never really used, in flatlays or real life, and landed on a pretty black with strawberries pair. As we know, that's just me to a tee so I had a lot of fun putting this coord together!


And honestly I cannot wait to wear this coord...when it's warmer ^__^ I'm loving this variation on my typical berry and black that's not based around the print on the main piece.


As I said in the intro I have never actually worn these socks. They're very pretty, but they're also quite busy (and TBH I'm pretty sure they don't fit my fat calves ATM). Which is why they're perfect in this coord where they get to be the point of interest, rather than competing with an equally busy print.


I also love how the laces on the cutsew and the JSK work together. The floral lace on the JSK near the hem goes especially well with the cute buttons!


I wore this headdress recently and that sparked me to include it rather than a more conventional headbow. For some reason it's reading kind of old-school to me and I like it.


And of course, I have to include a cute strawberry necklace. Overall I kept the accessories pretty minimal for this coord, which may be why I'm getting those old-school vibes. Because of the pieces I used, it's not a visually simple coord but because the main piece is solid it's kind of different, you know? Not the standard current way of coording and I like that it's a bit quirky.

I really enjoyed how this coord turned out, and I love that I wouldn't have gotten here if I hadn't started with those particular OTKS ^__^

2 comments:

  1. I! LOVE! THIS!
    OMG, the strawberries on the blouse collar! And that headpiece! Everything here is perfect and you're right - it reads a little bit oldschool in the best street snap way possible. It's amazing that you do have so many berry themed items that aren't a main piece, it makes for what is basically an "invert colours" version of your go-to and as you said, the patterns aren't competing with each other now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy you love it! Haha I have way to much berry stuff, but I love it, so I supposed it's not really "too much" ^__^

      Delete