Pages

Sunday 5 July 2020

Review #55: MeLikesTea Petticoat

Wearing lolita much more frequently this year without any intention of stopping (though Winter is really slowing me down!) and the whole pandemic situation still ongoing led to me finally biting the bullet and buying a new proper cupcake petticoat. I already have one petti from MeLikesTea which is really nice, so I decided to go with them again.

This time I ordered the Cotton Candy Petticoat in Voile, 45cm long, 5 layers and wiast 90-100cm. I placed my order on 17 May and it was shipped 16 June. The shipping estimate said it would arrive on  25 June - and it did! So the timeline was as advertised and all in all I was very happy with that aspect of the service.

And, once I opened up my package, I was also very happy with the petticoat! It arrived in plastic inside a postage satchel, which is perfectly adequate by my standards.


Inside the package was, of course, the petticoat, and also a couple of info flyers and a teabag, which I thought was a nice touch! I love seeing indie brands getting increasingly professional so I also really got a kick out of the tag ^__^


And then, finally, I pulled out the petticoat and fluffed it out and oh. my. goodness is this thing fluffy! I really don't have much to say other than it is great and poofy and comfortable.


In the interests of having this review be a little bit more useful for the reader other than me going "it's good!" I took some measurements. By my measurements it's 43cm long and the waist is 82cm at the smallest and then stretches up to 120cm. Most likely my length measurement was wrong, and I think that the 82-120cm stretch on an advertised 90-100cm garment is perfect!

So all in all this review is very brief - I'm a happy customer and totally recommend buying petticoats from MeLikesTea ^__^

4 comments:

  1. é de fato uma ótima loja aqui do Brasil, só tenho uma peça deles mas pretendo ter mais em breve <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm going to be buying petticoats from anywhere else! Thanks for leaving a comment ^__^

      Delete
  2. Out of curiosity, how much a petti like this would cost, I went on Me Likes Tea website and I noticed how different the page is from when I first discovered MLT. The ordering process looks so much smoother, the website is cleaner and all the information is much more easily available now, I am very impressed. This goes with your comment on indie brands growing and becoming more professional. It's great to see more and more indie brands become so established within our community that they are able to update their websites, polish their delivery and presentation, all whilst still delivering a quality product. After all, those are all little costs that pile up very quickly, which smaller/newer indie brands cannotjustify, but which make such a difference in getting the first, as well as the overall impressions right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, you put that all really well! Even compared to buying from them two years ago it's a much better experience, even though their product has always been good it's nice when all the other aspects level up the experience.

      Delete