Pages

Friday 10 July 2020

AYWI30C #21: Based around your favourite shoes

I've put myself in a corner with these prompts again, because how on earth am I meant to choose a singular favourite pair of shoes? For reals, this is hard. I don't do favourites!

Ultimately I chose a pair of shoes that I love for their dramatic, historical vibe: my Bordello Whimsey boots in black. From there I decided I wanted to do an outfit that was a little goth-y, a little historical, a little opulent, and here's what I came up with!


I really love this outfit. IRL I'd wear some lacy black tights with it, but they look terrible in flatlay form. I also didn't take a close-up of the shoes, even though they're the starting point of the outfit because they are velvet and a. I have two cats and b. the last time I wore them was in a historical cemetery for a photoshoot so they are...not int he best condition. I cleaned them as well as I could but they just don't look nice super close up!


For hair accessories I ran with a velvet and pearl headbow, and lots of flowers. Lots of flowers is my favourite way to dress up a floral print ^__^


Since  rarely wear this sort of dark classic black based coor, I got to pull our some accessories I rarely wear. I keep my black sweet for the most part, so I've literally never worn these pretty wristcuffs nor that clock ring.


However, I couldn't let it get too gothy so I did also pull out this pretty necklace as I felt it matched the dress really nicely. And it let me continue the pearly theme I had going with the accessories.


I will admit to a struggle I had with this coord - the realisation that I don't have a black handbag! So I ended up using my trusty fawn fur bag, which I actually ended up really loving somehow.

Ultimately this outfit was a little less gothic than I was initially aiming for, but in doing that it turned into something I'm far more likely to wear. Because 10/10 I am going to wear this on - just have to figure out when and where ^__^

2 comments:

  1. I mean, those are very fancy shoes - and it's a coord that I maybe wouldn't have expected from you, so they were a great choice. I thought that maybe you'd use your gobelin handbag with this instead, but from what I remember that is more brown, so maybe it wouldn't have worked as well as the fawn fur one. Throw in a short veil and you're a rich widow mourning her third husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I can deliver the unexpected! I did consider the gobelin bag but as you say, too much brown.

      I no 100% need that veil! I wanna be a dramatic widow!

      Delete