Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Coordinates from June 2020

We get used to one way of life and them things change again, isn't that right? So here's an entire month's worth of outfits because my lolita wearing tapered off dramatically over June. There are two main reasons for that.

Firstly - it's Winter here now, and I am cold! So I'd much rather work from home while rugged up in something cosy than get dressed, even in clothes I love. And secondly, our housemates moved out at the start of the month which meant James and I have changed up our entire house. In great news - I now have a dedicated lolita space, which I will share on this blog once I've actually organised everything (which will probably take a good long time). In not so great news - I just don't deal well with change, so coupled with the environmental difficulties of dressing up I just haven't been up for it emotionally either.

But that's okay! I've still enjoyed wearing lolita in June, even if it feels like I've hardly worn it at all compared to previous months.

This first working from home coord isn't much to write home about, but it was cute and comfortable. I have to say though, I am really starting to want some purple shoes to match both Jurassic Party and Verrry Berry Picnic ^__^

Skirt: Wonderpunk
T-shirt: Listen Flavour
Socks: Metamorphose temps de fille
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

The next week I had to physically go to the office on Tuesday, and wearing pants and seeing real life human beings got me back into the lolita groove to work from home on Wednesday. Again, a simple coord and not much to say about it!

OP & Socks: Metamorphose temps de fille
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao


The I didn't wear lolita again until Wednesday the following week, because I had a Zoom meeting. Since I had to get out of my PJs anyway I figured I'd actually wear something I enjoyed! I still find it funny that I'm feeling kind of guilty about being a "once a week" lolita at the moment while last year I was lucky to be a "once a month lolita". How quickly our standards change!

JSK: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taboao

Almost another full week went by until I was miserable, and realised that forcing myself to wear lolita to work would help. And it did! It felt great to dress up again and I had a lot of fun putting this coord together. I really love Flower Bottle, can't believe I almost got rid of it!

Skirt: Metamorphose temp de fille
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Haori: Vintage
Socks: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Bag: Coquettish Tiara
Everything else: Offbrand

James and I went out to get some Thai food in my lunch break (by which I mean, he drove me to get take-out...for me!) so I even wore lolita outside of my home! It's also why I have a handbag, that bag is actually my everyday bag these days ^__^

And that was my June in coords! As it continues to get colder I have a very strong feeling I'm not going to be wearing lolita much while working from home, and NSW seems to be going well with easing lockdown restrictions so I may be working in the office again before too much longer. But we will see what July brings ^__^

2 comments:

  1. That tartan coord is so lovely, I adore the headpiece with the tartan, there is something nostalgically Maypole festival about it in the best possible way. <3 And the last coord is super cute too, at first I thought that you wore a crochet shawl, such a clever way of using your haori!

    Don't feel too bad about not wearing lolita much. Change isn't always fun to deal with and it's ok to want more cosy layers for winter. Is NSW winter for you worth getting a few more wintery loita pieces, like maybe some fleece bloomers, a longer wool (or more like poly-rayon these days) skirt or one of those poncho things that Axes Femme do? Even if it doesn't encourage you to put on full coordinates, they pair well with a lot of things and could add that connection to your frills to your winter outfits, so you don't feel like you have to sacrifice frills completely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super happy with the tartan look so glad you liked it too! Haha with that last coord I put the haori on before my skirt and thought "hey, let's leave it tucked in" lol.

      I'm thinking about getting some warmer pieces, but the thing is that outside of lolita my everyday style is completely different, so they'd be lolita only. So it's a matter of figuring if it's worth it or not. Aaaand with how fast I'm functioning right now it'll be Summer before I've decided!

      Delete