Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2021

AYWI30C #30: To suit a certain make-up look

 And here we are, the last flatlay of this series. I hope you enjoyed these posts as much as I did.

This last look is designed to match a certain make-up look, and this look of mine form a few years ago is what I had in mind:


Photo by The Enthusiast

I tried to make this look very doll-like, and took it as an opportunity to use my Innocent World bonnet. With flowers of course, because is it really me if there's no flowers?

In keeping with the doll-like theming, I decided to use the matching OTKS for the dress, and my simplest black shoes. I enjoyed this sort of old-school styling (chunky platforms and a bonnet) combined with a distinctly modern dress.

I kept the rest of the styling mostly simple,. with just a ribbon choker for a necklace and my pink heart bag...once again, this coord highlights my lack of a black handbag!

But something I really enjoyed with this look is that other than said handbag, I steered clear of coordinating with pink (or at least, not much pink)...which is not common for me! It's pretty difficult actually, but I really enjoyed the result.

Overall, I just loved this look.  It's dressy without being OTT, interesting without being overwhelming. And, like with many other outfits as part of this series - I wouldn't have gotten to this place without this prompt.

And with that,  I am done! I will be posting a retrospective of this series in a little while but for now let me just say - I hope you enjoyed it, because I certainly did!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this really is the last one... You've finished the challenge on a very high note! This is a great outfit and I think it would work beautifully with this makeup. Again, the flower clips are perfect, that blue one is so unexpected and yet it 100% works, it's genius. Just generally, the more I look, the more seemingly mismatched elements I see, which nonetheless work perfectly together. This is such a great example of what I mean when I say that matching is easy, the skill is to coordinate. Will you wear this some day, please? I think it deserves an outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really glad you like it! And yes, fully intend to wear it sometime ^__^

      Delete