Pages

Saturday 17 April 2021

Around Your Wardrobe in 30 Coordinates - A Retrospective

It is the end of an era - I have completed all the AYWI30C flatlays! To stave off my sadness, I thought it would be nice to take a bit of a retrospective look at the challenge and share a few thoughts. 

I first posted the list of prompts in February 2018, a little over three years ago. I've been working my way through them ever since, not keeping to any particular schedule. Since I started I've moved house, gotten married, adopted a second cat, and gone through some many personal ups and downs that it's kind of dizzying to think of. And through it all...I was going around my wardrobe in a series of flatlays.

First up in this retrospective, I wanted to share the coords that I absolutely love. These are the ones that I want to wear! Not included are ones that I loved, but have already worn a variation of ^__^

It's so out of my comfort zone, and that's why I've come to love it.

Matching set? Bonnet? Yes please!

I have a burning need for OTT classic and lately I'm really into lighter coords too.

But I still love black-based sweet, and this "traditional" coord is #goals.

Black and white with a pop of colour, I have a mighty need.

And since this did take me so long to complete, let us take off our hats to coords made with main pieces that I no longer own.

I wanted the funds more than I wanted to hang on to this dress until I fit it.

I realised that while I adore this print I don't love the cut on my body.

Again, the lure of money now vs. being able to wear this eventually won out.

A combo of "too small" and "soo short" and "I don't think I'll wear it much" led to goodbye. 

I also used two skirts that are currently in my "to sell" pile, but things migrate back and forth from there so I'm not including them ^__^

I'm so happy to have come up with this challenge, and to have completed it. I could talk even more about everything, but I think I probably did that enough throughout the series. To see every post in this series, click here, and for now, let's close this chapter of my blog...and go onward to new blogging adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Let's raise our glasses to mark the occasion! It's so odd when you think of the series in terms of what happened in your life personally. On the surface that's just 30 flatlays, but as you said, life did not stop in between them and lots of meaningful life experiences and changes took place in that span of time.

    ... but if you end up starting a new challenge, let me know, so that I can prepare :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I misinterpreted "glasses" for a moment there and was like...how will I see if I've raised my glasses?)

      Exactly! Life goes on, even when certain milestones are achieved ^__^

      Haha I will...or do you maybe want to devise one together?

      Delete