Ooof that title is a mouthful and a half! And, by contrast, this capsule wardrobe is rather bite-sized ^__^
Every time I post a hypothetical capsule wardrobe - here or to my YouTube channel - I solicit suggestions for future wardrobes. This was born of a very specific suggestion - a size 18AU+ classic capsule for a budget of $700AUD. I was, in a word, intrigued.
In my YouTube video (linked below) I go into the process of putting it together and some thoughts about plus-size lolita in general, and I won't repeat myself here. But in short it was a challenge because in lolita at this point it time you can very easily do cheap, and you can do plus size well enough up to say a 130cm bust, but it is very, very hard to do both.
That is why this wardrobe is small and made almost entirely of offbrand items. Metamorphose temps de fille is the only brand-name brand featured, and in order to even finished the wardrobe remotely under budget I handwaved the inclusion of the skirt by saying they hypothetical wardrobe owner could make one.
They could, I firmly believe that, but again this highlights the challenge the wardrobe presented.
Ultimately, I think I came up with a good, workable capsule wardrobe and I like the outfits I made with it.
Genuinely, I think it's a good little starter capsule. Pretty casual, in lolita terms, but still properly lolita, and if it was for a beginner there'd be plenty of ways to grow.
As mentioned, if you want to hear a bit more about the thought process in the wardrobe, the video is here for you ^__^



No comments:
Post a Comment