Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2020

AYWI30C #26: Using the thing you bought first that you still have

I still have two main pieces from my first Bodyline order, this JSK and the Chocoberry skirt. Given that Chocoberry has already been used in this series my lovely brown floral JSK was the obvious choice for this prompt.


For the rest of the coordinate, I also tried to use older (to me) items and also to style the whole look a little more like I would have when I was a newer lolita. Not that I'd really have done all that much differently as I still like this kind of styling, but it still informed my choices, like using an offbrand blouse and my only bracelet being some real pearls I've had since I was a little girl.


Most obviously, a beret with something clipped in front has been a staple of my look for a very, very long time. So have flower clips!


And, of course, fawn fur. Even though I don't wear my fawn fur pieces all that much, they still feel very iconic to me. I got my first fawn fur collar within my first year as a lolita (the one pictured here is my second).


Again, this bag has been part of my collection for a long time, and I don't think I'll ever not love it in classic coordinates. Gobelin is such a gorgeous fabric, I really want a tacky gobelin dress someday.


And last of all, I pulled out the OTKS that I wore with this dress to my first lolita meet with the Newcastle community. Just for some bonus nostalgia points.

I really enjoyed turning this coordinate into a bit of a trip down memory lane. As I said at the start, even though I tried to make this more "retro Roli" than how I'd choose to style this JSK now, I'd still wear this outfit. Though I must admit, in putting this together I realised how same-y I tend to style this...and now I want to try something really out there!

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you'd style this dress in similar ways over the years, it's a tried and tested combination that works. Not only as a coordinate, but for a variety of occasions: fancy enough for a meetup, still casual enough to just wear for a grocery trip, unassuming and elegant enough for a formal non-lolita function, but still quirky and alternative. Although I do look forward to seeing how you'll style it now to make it into something "really out there", I'm always here for some fun experiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, if it ain't broke, why change it? But yes, I am looking forward to stretching myself with this dress sometime!

      Delete