Pages

Monday 19 October 2020

AYWI30C #27: From a single brand

Okay - let's get the technicalities out of the way. I can't do a full coord from literally any brand. In most cases, it's because I don't own shoes from the big brands. So I went with Bodyline, since I knew I could pull a main piece, top, shoes and socks. But then I realised that I had no smaller Bodyline accessories, so I really could have done this with Meta or AP or IW instead and had no shoes by the brand, but had accessories. Oh well, this was still a fun challenge even if I could only take the "single brand" theme so far.


I rather like this coord, and it was fun to show off this dress. It's a lovely one, and another example of why old Bodyline will always have a place in my wardrobe.


I think this print is really gorgeous, and I love the ruffle I lengthened it with too. Much as I'm quite a sweet creature at heart, dainty florals are always a win in my book.


In keeping with the flroal theme, the hair accessories for this look are just lots of flowers. And all the supplementary are offbrand, which seemed like a good choice for the "single brand" theme. I couldn't literally go with a single brand, but keeping it all offbrand seemed like the closet match I could manage.


This coord did really highlight how mattered some of my shoes are getting though...and the black OTKS I used for this look are just twisted and odd when laid out fully. All these things look fine worn though, and that's what I care about!


For my last closeup I wanted to show off this necklace. It was a Christmas gift from a friend, I wore it for my wedding, and it's great for nearly ever classic lolita coord I ever do ^__^

 So that was my single branded look! All in all I like it, even though the brand limitations mean it's a little boring compared to what I could do with this JSK. But hey, I had fun and that's what counts!

2 comments:

  1. Doing an entirely single brand coord is really quite hard. Not many lolitas will follow a brand religiously to the extent of getting things like accessories (hair bits or jewellery) and not every brand will have things that fit (shoes being the most common since they stop at 25cm for most Japanese brands). So going Bodyline/offbrand is a good route to take the prompt imo. That necklace was indeed a fantastic gift, I remember you using it in several coords and it always fits in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really, really is! I'm actually keen to test this concept again with other brands, but yes, think I made a smart choice here.

      Haha yeah, that necklace is my old reliable go-to, it's the best.

      Delete