Pages

Tuesday 6 October 2020

AYWI30C #25: Using your newest wardrobe addition

 This prompt was fun and super easy, because I was already dying to bring Blooming Garden out for a spin!


There's not much too this outfit, really. I tried to go for a bit of an older style sweet, slightly OTT vibe. Not sure if I nailed it, but that inspiration is what prompted the inclusion of the star clip.


I did want to go a bit heavier on the hair accessories overall, but it turns out none of my yellow bits really match this dress! It's a very buttery yellow, and all my little bows are more saturated! Oh well, gives me something to craft one day...


I did, however, include one of my big yellow flower clips as a bag accessory. I figure that IRL there's enough separation between the flower and the dress that it doesn't matter. And also I don't really care ^__^


Since I couldn't overload the head are as much as I like with OTT, I focused on adding more details overall, like this flower clips and pearl chain accessory on the wait area. I think it matched really well!

I also busted out multiple rings (I rarely even wear my wedding ring!), big wristcuffs, and an assortment of bracelets. We're going big here!

Well, perhaps not exactly big, but I enjoyed adding a lot of little details to this coord. I really, really love this dress - the colour,t he print, the cut, all the little details. So it was fun to just coord it in this detailed yet simple fashion.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! I feel like you've absolutely done the print justice and everything is exactly where it's supposed to be. So you're wearing this out when? Australia is heading for warmer weather, no doubts the perfect window between "still a bit too chilli" and "it's too hot already" won't be that big :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like it! Unfortunately due to the zipper placement it's a tiiiny bit to small on me right now, but as soon as it fits I'm wearing it!

      Though TBH our weather has been stupid - it's either really hot or back to winter...no spring for us, apparently!

      Delete