Pages

Friday 15 December 2017

Lolita Blog Carnival: 5 Regrets - List 5 Pieces You Regret Not Buying When You Had The Chance

I’ll admit, I have trouble thinking of five things I properly regret not buying! Mostly because (as you’ll know if you read this blog much) I just don’t tend to get hung up on particular items too badly, and at the same time if I really like something I tend to just buy it. However, I will do my best!


Metamorphose red crew socks
Okay, okay. This is the number one items I have genuine regret for not buying, because I’ve failed to do so twice and the regret has just increased. When I first discovered these socks they were out of stock. But then a sock lot acme up on Yahoo Japan including these, but I was outbid and instantly regretted losing the auction. I mean, it may have still gone for way over what I willing to pay, but I really wish I had bid more. And then Meta restocked them….and I chickened out because of price (in my defence, they are pretty expensive for such a small item). And by the time I realised that no, they actually would be a good piece for my wardrobe, they were sold out again. So much regret right now, so much.

Chocolate Rosette MTO
I’ve mentioned before that I really love Chocolate Rosette and I did contemplate getting it in the recent-ish made to order. But I didn’t, because it was a bit small for my current dimensions and AP is always a bit short on me – which are very valid reasons! But still, every time I see that JSK my heart flutters and I do wish I had it, even though it would be a goal piece for now. I mean, this is sensible regret, if such a thing exists. It was the right decision not to buy it so I guess rather than regretting not buying it I regret the fact that circumstances were such that the MTO did not come at a good time for me to buy it, because let’s be honest, if I were a lot thinner length be damned I would have bought it!

BTSSB fawn fur beret
This cute thing popped up on Yahoo Japan once, and I decided it was not worth bidding super high on, as I really didn’t want to pay that much for it. But when the auction ended and I didn’t win I was very bummed and realised I should have placed my top bid at least a little higher. And I haven’t seen it pop up at a reasonable price since. Ah well. I already have a fawn fur beret and other fawn fur headwear but what can I say? Fawn fur is my major weakness.


Dramatic Rose on sale
This is where I start clutching at straws a little bit and my memory grows hazy – I’m pretty sure AP’s Dramatic Rose JSK in lavender went on sale, and I decided the sale price wasn’t a good enough discount so I didn’t go for it. That was kind of the right decision, but at the same time I do pine after that dress a little, and haven’t found it secondhand at a price I’m comfortable paying. But see what I mean about not having majorly memorable regrets when it comes to lolita shopping?

And….that’s it! I don’t really have a fifth item to add to this list. I’ve typed and deleted a couple of things because really, anything beyond those (and even everything after item number one) doesn’t really count as something I regret not buying. I mean, sure, I like a whole bunch of things I don’t own, and there are many lolita thing in existence I would like to own in the future, but nothing really regret-worthy. And I like being relaxed in that way!

Read more from other bloggers:


8 comments:

  1. I've eyed these Meta crew socks myself, but knowing me I'd probably get them in white and given that there are absolute tonnes of socks like this in white, there really was no point. But the red and the blue are such an uncommon shade for crew lacy socks that I hope you'll be able to find them somewhere. It's great that you don't have any major regrets, you've a very healthy approach to it which would help a lot of people if we only adopted more of that, even if only a little bit of it. I try not to get hung up on pieces too - at the end of the day, I have lots of Lolita items already that I'm very grateful for and want to enjoy those rather than keep focusing on the ones I didn't get but could have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I wouldn't never buy brand ankle socks in "regular" colours but I am regretting not getting those so bad.

      And you're totally right on focusing on being grateful for what you already have! It's a much healthier attitude ^__^

      Delete
  2. Chocolate Rosette is such a beautiful print but like you said you had some valid reasons on skipping the MTO. Personally I skipped it too cause I wasn't 100% in love with the print but over time this print is growing on me. As for the Meta crew socks, I hope you can find them one day for a nice deal or at a budget you are comfortable with. Sometimes it's better to let things go than to buy things over your budget especially if you already have a lot of nice items. There is always an other time, at least for most of the main pieces it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^__^

      Next time interestingly coloured crew socks pop up I intend to buy them without hesitation!

      Delete
  3. Have you thought about getting white ankle socks and using fabric dye on them? I've done that for a lot of my solid colored tights when I can't find the right color in a store. I've found that powder based dyes tend to work a lot better than liquid dyes for whatever reason. And dyeing socks/tights can sometimes be a cheaper alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of dying my own...that's a great idea! I may have to give that a shot, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I'm always afraid to buy branded socks because of the price, but as you said, after some time I just feel a lot of regret because they usually are the perfect touch for our wardrobe... Orz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heartily recommend Innocent World and Metamorphose for OTKS in particular; they are stretchy and comfortable and all-round good!

      Delete