- I have a blog, this blog, and I really discovered a love of blogging
- I’ve ventured back onto 4chan after a terrifying first experience with /b/ and have settled in the gentler waters of /cgl/
- I have been to several meets (with more planned), which is a big deal for introverted me
- I have a single settled alternative fashion that I wear rather than my previous hodge-podge of random things (though sometimes I miss wearing a rainbow, and my everyday style is still jeans or miniskirt + nerdy t-shit)
- I have a better awareness of fashion generally and outfit cohesiveness, which really helps with styling photoshoots in particular!
- I found a love of capsule wardrobes (in theory, not for me in practise)
- I’ve challenged myself more with sewing than I think I otherwise would have
- I am now a snob about lace and details in alternative fashion
- I have discovered the joy of having a big, multifaceted hobby (to be fair, I’d had modelling and photography before, but that wasn’t a hobby I could engage in on my own and lolita is)
I also learned to love flat lays...
So lolita has changed some things about me. Nothing too dramatic on the surface of things, and I always have been a bit of an eccentric so I can’t claim that I “gained the courage to be myself” or anything because I already did that, but still. It’s been a great journey so far and I look forward to remaining engaged in this subculture for years more to come.