Pages

Friday 22 September 2017

Flowers and candlelight; Dim Light outfits

I am totally, utterly head over heels for Dim Light. To finally own it after admiring right from when I was first getting into this fashion is such a  great feeling.


I love the print, I love the cut, I love the fabric, I love everything about it! So of course, I have some flat lay coordinates to share.


This first outfit is what initially came to my head when thinking how I might coordinate it. What I love is that it’s fairly straightforward, but still detailed and a little bit extravagant. However, this is also an outfit I feel would look heaps better on as then you’d get the full effect of the billowy sleeves; and in flat lay I had trouble making the blouse lay correctly, as it has a neckline ruffle which in this outfit I’d just tuck under the JSK straps and neckline.


To be honest, I only had that single idea leap into mind as a coordinate, so for my next outfit I ran with a trusty classic brown combination. And I actually really, really like it. You can’t really tone down this JSK but this to look to me takes it in a bit more of a simply elegant direction, rather than the in-your-face drama that you can do with this cut!


For the third and final outfit I was literally putting the dress against different blouses in my wardrobe and found that this one matched the colours in the print really well. And I thought to myself; it’s such a sweet blouse, with such a dramatic classic dress, it won’t work. But I decided I’d give it a shot and came up with my favourite coordination of Dim Light so far! Call me out in the comments if you don’t think it works, but I do! Honestly, when you hide the chest ruffles of this blouse it’s not too overtly sweet, so there’s no style contrast there. And this is just such a pretty outfit!

As a final note – I love the detachable pieces. For outfit one, both the cape and chest bow were attached; for outfit two, just the bow; and for outfit three anything I could remove I did. And I enjoyed that versatility!

6 comments:

  1. I realise how much different cuts can effect a print. I have to use my dress with defined collars or high necks. The only thing I can copy is the bolero trick, however I should properly use a necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes a huge difference, doesn't it? I think the other cut of this dress would look great with a bolero and dramatic necklace :)

      Delete
  2. They're all such great outfits, really compliment the dress very well and let it shine (in the Dim Light - sorry, couldn't resist :P). I know that this is totally wrong on a practical level, but I feel like the only thing that could improve these outfits was a medieval castle backdrop after dark with only candles lighting one's way. Very romantic piece indeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and never apologies for jokes on this blog! I am the maker of the most terrible puns IRL ^__^

      Ohhhh I would do lots of terrible things to have a castle to do photoshoots in/around. Lots. of. things.

      Delete
  3. I wore Dim Light with pink recently too! I love how it picks up the roses, which aren't necessarily something you think of for Dim Light but they look especially gorgeous on the wine colourway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ^__^

      I have to say I love that there's flowers in this print, florals just make everything better.

      I'm keen to see your coordinate!

      Delete