Pages

Saturday 26 March 2016

Princess Rose outfits

Recently I found the time to put together some outfits with one of my acquisitions from the end of last year - Innocent World's Princess Rose. It's probably the oldest piece in my wardrobe, released in 2006, and it's gorgeous. I had to modify the straps into a halter because the bodice sat far too high on me but not it fits nicely and if I ever decide to sell it it's an easy enough thing to change back.


My phone refused to photograph the colour the same way twice - I think the second outfit is probably the most accurate. It's a very lush wine-red, and all the laces match in colour so perfectly! I love all the little details in this dress, and particularly the thick, old-school lace on the hem.


Firstly I tried pairing it with peachy pinks to create a softer classic look. I love how well those shoes and that blouse match, though they match so well it's really hard for me to use one without the other!


Next I tried a more structured lolita look. I honestly don't have much to say about this outfit. It's cute but I don't love it as much as the first or the next look.


Lastly I paired it with my ever favourite brown in a more lushly detailed outfit. I would definitely wear this outfit, it's just as fancy as I'm comfortable going!

I love having a piece in my wardrobe that is definitely "old school" in design features but isn't the typical "solid colour with white lace" affair. I don't have the pieces in my wardrobe to really coord it in an old-school look but one thing I love about loltia is the melding of old and new.

What's the oldest piece in your lolita wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment