Pages

Monday 14 March 2022

In Praise of Lolibrary

I picked up a lavender headbow from Closet Child when I was in Japan - quite literally on my first day ever in the country. It was perfect - a nice light lavender with a simple gold pattern and a pearl-and-star decoration. Detailed but still neutral enough for my tastes.

The headbow in my first ever IRL Closet Child haul.

Recently, I was wondering what print series it's actually from. So, as any good lolita would, I opened up Lolibrary and set the following filters.

Category: Hair Accessories
Brand: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Colourway: Lavender
Tags: Stars

This search brought up a single page of results and there it was. It is the Full Of Stars “Bright Starry Night” Ribbon Head Bow from 2014 and I found it, thanks to Lolibrary, in under a minute. After almost three whole years of owning it ^__^


Armed with this new information, I decided to look into the full series (by keyword searching the name) since it was a print I hadn't heard of. Or at least, has never paid much attention to.

And oh my goodness, aren't the JSKs from this series just gorgeous?



I mean, I know they aren't really something I'd wear much, but they are definitely on my "if I see it cheap" list now. I am aware that I probably won't ever get my mitts on them with how little I'd want to spend, but a girl can still admire, even if it's from a wistful distance.

There's not much point to this blog post, other than to remind you all that Lolibrary is fantastic. And that there are more wonderful lolita clothes out there than you probably realise ^__^

2 comments:

  1. These two dresses are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Baby does some amazingly elegant dresses.

      Delete