Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Coordinates from January - February 2022

I have one word for you - summer. Or perhaps two - ugh, summer.

I wanted to wear lolita over my Christmas break and when I started back at work (thanks to Omicron, still working from home) but the heat and humidity killed me. Fortunately, I got enough of a break in the weather to wear a coord at the end of my first work week back...a coord I'd had sitting out since the Monday, waiting to be worn but languishing due to the awful weather.

Skirt: Bodyline
Wristcuffs & Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

I like that I started to year off with some sweet. This coord felt very cute, very me, and it made me happy to wear it.

And then it won't surprise anyone to hear that I didn't wear lolita for almost an entire month. In my defence, we had a lot of very hot and humid weather, and I was also quite sick (not the Rona, thank goodness) for about three weeks. So, you know.

So my next coord was for rather late in February, worn to work from home but primarily because we had tradies coming over to fix a broken step. People = wearing not-pyjamas so why not lolita?

JSK; Metamorphose temps de fille Teddy Chocolatier
Blouse: Glitter Tale
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace; Angelic pretty
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

However, it had a bonus side effect of actually making me really happy. Between the weather and the sick I'd been pretty down and feeling un-creative, and this coord really helped put me back into a better mindset.

PS How do you like my new hair? It probably won't be around for long because technically I can't have coloured hair for work, but while we're still WFH I figured why not just do it! I'll either cut it off or dye over it when I get back to the office.

Given how good that coord made me feel, I decided to continue it and wore lolita the next Monday. Nothing particularly exciting about this coord as it was honestly chosen for comfort and ease of wear, but nevertheless I enjoyed it. Shirring Princess is the best ^__^

JSK & Socks: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Wristcuffs: Handmade
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

The next day I defaulted to working in PJs, but on Wednesday I dressed up again. It really has been helping my mental state!

JSK: Metamorphose temps de fille Rose Stripe Shirring
Blouse: Glitter Tale
Socks & Headbow: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Wristcuffs: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

This coord was entirely brought about because I wanted to wear classic, dammit. And it dawned on me, as I tried to put something together, that I don't actually have any properly classic main pieces that fit at the moment. Ever since I got rid of my handmade green skirt there's really only my Victorian Maiden skirt that's truly classic...and I don't really do classic in black! So this coord isn't as classic as it could be, but I still enjoyed it. And now I potentially have sewing plans...

And that was it for the first two months of 2022. As the weather gets more tolerable I do hope to wear lolita more frequently and I am getting a lot of joy out of it right now ^__^

3 comments:

  1. If you get too sick of the hot, send a couple of degrees excess to us, I am sick of being cold xD
    This first coord is super cute, casual can be really fun too and we love that. And judging by how your colourful hair popped against the Shirring Princess coord, it would've absolutely slapped with that one too, so fingers crossed you get to keep it long enough to revisit the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I wish I could. Though currently it's all just rain and humidity...the heat's not so bad but the constant 90% humidity is kind of awful!

      Yeah, I really hope I can hang onto the hair because it's making me genuinely very, very happy.

      Delete
  2. Your coords are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete