Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2021

Reflecting on my coordinate goals for 2021

I am nothing if not good at forgetting things, and I only remembered at the start of December that I had begun the year with a list of "goal coords" that I wanted to wear. So how did I go, given that I spent most of the year oblivious to these goals?

Yes, I know there are a few more days left in the year but the likelihood of me wearing lolita is incredibly low...

Wear my underskirt

This did not happen. Mostly due to the forgetting, and I think a part of that is because none of my black main pieces that currently fit really suit having an underskirt. Also, I just don't like underskirts much, so I'm not really bummed that I didn't achieve this goal. 

More wa lolita

I did wear a wa lolita outfit in March. which I thought was very cute, and I did acquire my first wa lolita print from Meta, so I consider this goal achieved!

Make it blue

When I set this goal I was thinking of a sax blue, but that didn't eventuate. What did happen was a coord with some navy blue accessories (more about it and why I wore it in my upcoming December coord roundup post). I thought there was another one too...but that was last year and I'm just confused. I'm still counting this as a win though, even though it's not very dramatically blue. 

I'm also in the process of making a navy blue sailor-style skirt so blue is definitely going to be more of a thing for me in future, which I'm quite pleased with. I do like blue...it just took me almost a decade in this fashion to realise that while sax blue specifically is not my thing that doesn't mean I can't have any blue!

Wear my non-fawn fur

Ooops, no. This didn't happen. I mean, I did wear my BTSSB capelet which has a fur collar attached...but that's not what I meant here, so I'm not counting it.

Coord a corset

Ahem...another fail. Nothing more to say, except that this is also kind of circumstantial. The one corset I have that may look good with lolita doesn't work with anything that currently fits so I didn't really have any opportunity for this. 

I am, however, planning on making either a waist cincher or 18th century style bodice from some geometric gobelin style fabric I've had for years, so that may get some wear with lolita once it's actually made. If it gets made ^__^ 

Go OTT

I consider this goal kind of achieved. I wore one sweet lolita coord that was OTT by my standards... which is probably just everyday lolita for a lot of people! However, these are my goals and my standards, so I say it counts!

However, I didn't end up trying an OTT classic lolita look at all, but oh well. Something to try for in 2022!

Wear my bonnet

Guess what? It's another coord goal that didn't get achieved! And there's nothing more to say about it.

All in all, this post is a bit of a dull reflection. But oh well. I enjoyed setting coord goals that I wanted to try, and I will be doing the same thing for 2022. Provided I don't forget this year that I set goals in the first place, I'm keen to see where trying new things gets me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on underskirts, they are awkward to make them look genuinely good. I've personally had more luck with layering dresses over one another than with purpose-made underskirts. I look forward to seeing this blue skirt, it sounds super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, you say that, but your star underskirt always looks fab! Though maybe that's the exception that proves the rule...

      Delete