Pages

Friday 22 January 2021

Goal coordinates for 2021

So I may have posted only recently about not really having goals for lolita, other than losing enough weight to fit back into more of my clothes, but on reflection I realised I have a bit of a goal after all. There are a bunch of things that I want to try wear in lolita to expand my horizons a little further, so I figured why not list them down here so I can keep track over the year and see how I go!

Wear my underskirt

My black Victorian Maiden skirt is actually technically an underskirt. And, given that I have never worn an underskirt in lolita, this year I'd like to give it a try!

More wa lolita

As I mentioned in my coordinate summary for 2020, I tried wa lolita in 2020 and I really like it despite know I can improve. As we all know, the only way to improve is to practise, so I want to try the style at least once more this year. 

Make it blue

While I don't own a sax blue main piece - or even a sax blue blouse - I do have supplementary accessories in the colour, and I think it would be fun to try to coord with them. I have also bought a large men's dress shirt in this colour to try and refashion into a blouse, but I'm not counting on that turning out until I actually, you know, do it ^__^

Wear my non-fawn fur

Fawn fur, at least in my mind, is petty iconic to me. However, I do have a couple of non-fawn fur collars that I don't think I've ever worn because if I go for fur, I go for fawn fur. So I want to try and wear at least one of them this year.

Coord a corset

Yes, you read that right - I want to try wearing one of my corsets in a lolita outfit. Currently I'm thinking of a steampunk lolita look, or maybe some kind of dark classic vibe, but we'll see where my whims take me. 

Probably this corset, because the thin shape will work better with lolita.
Photo by Wulf Photography.

Go OTT

Given that my style is generally quite simple, I want to branch out and try something OTT this year. Ideally, I'd love to do both an OT sweet and and OTT classic look but I'd be happy with either in the end. 

Wear my bonnet

Many years ago I bought an awesome old-school black and white Innocent World bonnet, and since then it has sat in a drawer, unworn. SO I want to make this the year that it gets worn! Given that a bonnet, and old-school as a style, are both pretty outside of my normal vibe, this will probably be a photoshoot thing but hey, it counts!

So those are some coordinates I want to try out in 2021. I'm really looking forward to all of this, and I'll definitely post an update post at the end of the year to see how I went with this.

2 comments:

  1. These are all great goals! Finding things to wear or new ways to wear them is such a good way of focusing on buying less too - and I imagine you could probably combine some of these. Fur items would go great with wa lolita, for example <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I hadn't thought of fur/wa! Stealing that idea for winter!

      Yeah, I found putting this list together really inspiring and I'm excited to try these all out!

      Delete