Since I really enjoy stretching the possibilities of one’s lolita collection I thought what better thing to do as a challenge come up with than a list of ideas designed to explore just what you can do with your wardrobe? And so "Around your wardrobe in 30 coordinates" or AYWI30C (I'm the best at titles /s) was born!
Even though I put this together with challenging myself in mind of course I’d really love to see the results if anyone else uses these prompts. So if you do, please drop a link in the comments so I can check it out! Of course, with me being the verbose person I am, I won’t just be posting a snapshot and calling it a day, these are really going to delve into the depths of my wardrobe!
But enough preamble, onto the prompts!
- Your trademark look
- Something casual
- Something OTT
- A monochrome outfit
- An unexpected colour combination
- Channel a lolita era
- As sweet as you can go
- As classic as you can go
- As gothic as you can go
- Pick a substyle
- Inspired by a character
- Inspired by another lolita
- Inspired by a historical era
- Inspired by a mainstream fashion trend
- Follow the rules
- Break the rules
- Something you really like, but wouldn’t wear
- An outfit you love but haven’t worn out yet
- Based around a particular top
- Based around a certain accessory
- Based around your favourite shoes
- Based around some interesting legwear
- Using your most worn main piece
- Using your least worn main piece
- Using you newest wardrobe addition
- Using the thing you bought first that you still have
- From a single brand
- From as many brands as possible
- To suit a particular hairstyle
- To suit a certain make-up look
So you can expect to see a lot of flat lays from me again in the near future! I intend to make outfits that are more "complete" than what I normally post, with bags, jewellery and the whole shebang. It's going to be fun!
I’m looking forward to posting about the coordinates I come up with for this challenge, and I hope you’ll enjoy it too!