Pages

Sunday 21 March 2021

A pre-order?

I have achieved a new lolita milestone and pre-ordered a thing! I'm very excited by it, which is why I'm actually posting about it not rather than just when I get the dress in June or July.  Because just look at the prettiness!



I discovered that Meta had this series, Camellia ~cat hide and seek~, coming out for pre-order 
on Wednesday last week. And internally (since I was at work) I just went "oh no".

I'm trying really, really hard - and succeeding, might I add! - to not spend much on lolita for a good while. Brand-new burando was not in the plan at all.

But this dress...this dress!
  • It's in Meta's new plus size sizing, so it'll fit me great
  • It's a camellia print
  • It's a wa print without being in one of those not-very-versatile wa cuts
  • It has Meta's usual assortment of detachable bows
  • The dumbass cat in the print look super similar to my dumbass cat!

Seriously, everything about this dress was an instant love, and it's also something that works well with my wardrobe without being similar at all to anything I already have. So I went home, showed it to James, and he liked it too so it was decided!


Fortunately, this cut (apparently it has no lining, which I'm sure is a contributing factor to the low cost) is the cheapest I've ever seen a brand OP for - ¥23,000 excluding tax...and tax is excluded since I'm a foreign customer, yay! It worked out to just under $300AUD which is still kind of yikes, but I also feel that it's going to be well worth it. I have a dedicated lolita spending account, where I channel a tiny bit of every paycheck, and that covered almost half so I don't feel too guilty ^__^


It's pretty rare for me to fall this hard for a dress, so I'm really happy that I was in a position where I could just go for it and I can't wait to get it later this year ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad to see someone I know get it! This is also the superior cut, in my opinion, since like you said it will be much more versatile. And whilst we get hung up over lining, this fabric looks to be pretty breathable or at least light, so hopefully it will make for being comfortable in warmer weather. I can't wait to see you wear it, you'll have to do a cherry blossom photoshoot with James as soon as any bloom in your area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cut. Especially if you put the huge waist bow front and centre, it's still quite dramatic so I don't feel like I'm missing out by not getting the more typical wa cut. And I don't care one bit about lining so if I'm right and that's what made it cheaper then hey, lucky me!

      We actually have a camellia in our garden that has this type of flower so totally going to shoot with that when it flowers!

      Delete