Pages

Monday 15 March 2021

AYWI30C #29: To suit a particular hairstyle

Can I confess that it's really kind of terrifying to be so close to finish this prompt series? Only one more after then, then probably a retrospective and then... nothingness!


Okay, so that's a little melodramatic, but so is this coord! For this prompt (and the next one about make-up inspiration) I wanted to take inspiration from a hairstyle I've actually done in the past and I chose this Rococo style up-do. There's two balls of wool in there ^__^


To match this hair I tried to go kind of Rococo, and didn't really get there. But I think I came up with a very pretty and opulent classic look, and if I were to wear it with this hairstyle I think the hair would take it from just classic all the way to OTT.


One of my fave ways to spice up a classic coord is clipping flowers to the shoes. It lets you bring in a pop of colour and texture and also, well, more flowers are just good!


Speaking of flowers, once again my headwear choice for this coord is just....lots of flowers. Because it will just work! I can totally see in in my head ^__^


Choosing legwear for this coord also made me realise that I don't really have much that's colour yet classic.  I have lots and lots of brown-based patterned stuff, but in the end for this coord I could pick from only three pairs. I know, I know, that sounds like an incredibly first world problem, but I love this coord so much that I was kind of sad not to have more variety.

Because yes, I haven't mentioned it yet, but I love this coord! Will definitely wear it someday and who knows, may even wear it with the hair!


The only dark colour in this outfit is the bag, and I could have gone with a white or pink on if I'd really wanted to keep it super light. But for some reason this bag felt right, so there you have it.

As I said, I love this outfit, and it's also solidified something I was vaguely figuring out - I want to wear more lolita that isn't based on black or brown (or pink, to a lesser extent). I think I'm evolving a bit in my tastes, and this coord exemplifies that in a way I can't really explain. 

4 comments:

  1. The coord is amazing, very you and very fresh (and apprpriate for spring, even though I know that you're heading towards autumn and some cooling down). But without meaning to derail the conversation from this, can we stop everything for a moment because WHO IS THIS GOTH VAMPIRE MARIE ANTOINETTE? *.* <3 That photo screams "Give me an ornate gold frame and hang it up inside a palace"! (And also makes me think that you should one of those Henrietta dresses, even though I know that it's a big commitment to a one-look only piece.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Haha derail away - I loved this photoshoot! Glad you liked it so much (it's very flattering)...and we still have the dress so may do something similar again in future ^__^

      Also, James felt you'd get a kick out of knowing that my skirt has it's fabulous shape from a wash-basket that was sawed in half...

      Delete
  2. This is one of the classiest and prettiest (is this even word?) coord I have ever seen *w*. Somehow it has really positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, that's such a compliment!

      Delete