Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Coordinates from 16 - 30 April 2020

I have to say, it feels absolutely surreal to be posting so many outfits! Very, very good but also just...odd. I've never worn lolita this much before and I'm loving it!

Continuing right along with the working from home outfits, here's a cute outfit (but a terrible self-taken photo, ugh) with Jurassic Party. I don't have any further commentary on this outfit, but I liked it.

Skirt: Wonderpunk 
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

I had a long-long weekend (Friday to Monday, yee-hah!) after this, so didn't wear lolita until the next Tuesday when I pulled out another sweet-wa coordinate (aka wore my haori again) this time with Teddy Chocolatier.

JSK: Metamorphose temp de fille
Haori: Vintage
Socks & Necklace: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand/taobao

I was much happier with this coord than the last time I wore this haori, but I'm not chuffed on my sock/shoe combo. Oh well, still a cute and comfy outfit and not liking some aspects means I can totally tweak it and wear it again without it being a repeat ^__^

Wearing wa inspired me to...wear more wa! Ever since we bought kimonos in Japan (which I will post about eventually) I've wanted to try wearing a kimono as a top paired with a lolita skirt and finally I did!

Skirt: Victorian Maiden
Kimono & Obi: Vintage
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/taobao

I'm a bit love it/hate it with how this turned out. Aesthetically I think it really works, and I love the combo of kimono, skirt and obi. It was also surprisingly comfortable! However...I'm just bad at wearing kimono and tying obi, and at folding the kimono up properly (sorry about that bit hanging out!). None of this is surprising because this is the first time I've done either other than practising the obi a little bit the night before. It's a bit embarrassing to do such a poor job, but at the same time...for a first time, not bad! Hence the mixed feelings.

However, overall I enjoyed this kind of style so I hope to wear it more and get better at doing so! And James really liked it too, which is always a plus. Husband compliments make me feel a hundred times better about any outfit!

Following that I wanted something very simple for Thursday's working from home day, so pulled out my trusty Berry Stripe. Nothing much to say about this coord!

OP: Metamorphose temps de fille
Cardigan: Banned
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/taobao

Friday turned into a photoshoot day (check out my Facebook for some cool stuff!) rather than a writing day, so fast forward to the following Monday where the working from home continues! 

Since it was a Monday I wore another pretty simple outfit with a bit of a twist...when picking accessories I just chose what made me happy! Hence the Disney ears and the unflattering UTKS. Not perfectly coordinated and honestly a bit weird, but just what I felt like wearing on the drizzly Monday. And James got me to do silly poses (which are honestly so me) so basically, yeah, this is ita and I don't care.


OP: Metamorphose temp de fille Egg Art
Bolero: Peace Now
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline
Ears: Tokyo Disneyland
Bracelet: Closet Child

I also went out (sans ears) in my lunchbreak to do some groceries and a lady asked me if I was wearing an "Alice dress" so I said that Alice in Wonderland and Victorian fashion were an inspiration for this fashion style. She said her daughter would love the dress so I told her to have her daughter look up Angelic Pretty. I don't actually know how to pronounce "Metamorphose temp de fille" and "Angelic Pretty" is a lot easier to remember anyways! So who knows, I may have started some girl down the path to lolita due to an encounter with her mum ^__^

Tuesday was an even more casual day, and nothing more to say about it!

Skirt: Metamorphose temps de fille Patisserie Dream
Socks, Wristcuffs & Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

And would you believe it? With that outfit I've now worn every main piece (that currently fits me) this year! Before the end of the month too ^__^

So naturally, my next outfit had to be with Shirring Princess so that I've worn every main piece while working from home, not just in this year. Double achievement!

JSK: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Parka: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

A super simple casual coord, but that's just how I like it! I do feel a little bad though - Shirring Princess is such an cute, elegant, quintessentially lolita piece and I'm just loving doing casual stuff with it! It deserves a princessy coord, but I don't think my wardrobe can actually furnish one!

I also popped over to my mum's in this outfit (she liked it) and went grocery shopping. I enjoyed catching glimpses of my bustle back bouncing in the shop windows, and was reminded of when I used to wear whatever I wanted just for fun. Wearing lolita so much during this lockdown has really unlocked something in me, and I like it.

My last outfit for April was experimental, though not dramatic - I wanted to try wearing Flower Bottle in a classic way. I think it worked out rather nicely even though the skirt really is too sweet for it.

Skirt: Metamorphose temps de fille
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Socks: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Hair Corsage: Dangerous Nude
Brooch: Madillustration
Everything else: Offbrand

And that's it for April! While I has a couple of three-day work weeks and kind of didn't keep up with my writing Fridays as intended, I still wore lolita 17 times this month - absolutely a record for me! Though sometimes I don't want to get dressed in the morning, and I do often remove accessories throughout the day and sometimes get changed at lunch, wearing lolita for work has been absolutely amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, that's an amazing turnaround! I really like the wa outfit with the kimono (didn't even notice any hanging bits), the colour of that kimono is so lovely. Do you see yourself doing more of that? Maybe getting a haori or kimono that's black or a berry red shade to match your go-to look and try a sweeter version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it! Glad you liked the wa lolita outfit and yes, that kimono is gorgeous - I should have taken a close-up of the print to share. I certainly want to do more wa looks in future, it's just a matter of figuring out what, exactly. Though a berry-red haori does sound like an excellent idea!

      Delete