Pages

Saturday 16 May 2020

Coordinates from 1 - 15 May 2020

I am still amazed to be posting so many coords to this blog - it's so much fun! Without further ado, let's roll right along.

My first coord of May was on the 4th because I bailed on doing a proper writing Friday on the 1st. I would have liked to have done something Star Wars inspired but alas, I don't have the makings of a SW coord. Instead, I wore a skirt that I finished making over the weekend.

Forewarning - brace yourselves. This is ita AF and I love it!

Skirt: Handmade
Cutsew: Babyshoop
Everything else: Offbrand

Black and rainbows is my jam, and it brightened up my Monday so much to whip out this colourful stuff that I really hardly ever wear any more. I do feel a little bad, as my pretty skirt does deserve a proper lolita coordinate to really show it off but hey, this outfit was fun!

Besides, the chance to wear it "properly" came the very next day. See, I'd gotten out my bra for the day the night before, but forgot that the straps on it meant I had to wear something high necked. That ruined my outfit plans for the day, and since I already had this idea for my new skirt kicking around in my head my morning brain decided that was the easiest choice. Morning brain does not like having to make decisions.

Skirt: Handmade
Cutsew: Metamorphose temps de fille
OTKS: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

Much as I enjoyed my tacky rainbow outfit, it felt really good to wear something nice with this skirt. Like, the rainbows felt good to wear, but I'm not so happy looking at me in them (though you can tell by my pose I was confident AF!) if that makes sense? So a cute lolita outfit was a great counter!

I also visit my mum that evening and she was very positive about the skirt, always good when you get compliments on your sewing!

Wednesday I wore something colourful and cute, which was nice because most of my outfits recently had been black based. I do like wearing black, but too much of anything is too much. I loved this outfit, it was cute and comfy and showed off another new thing I'd made - the lace topped socks!

JSK: Metamorphose temps de fille
Blouse & Shoes: Bodyline
Socks: Handmade
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Brooch: Madillustration
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

Seriously though, every time I wear this Rose Stripe Shirring JSK I fall more in love with it - it's jsut so pretty and such happy colours. It's a bit short on me but I love it regardless. I've loved that this lockdown has led to me wearing it in more and more different ways.

PS How gorgeous is this photo James took for me! Perfection!

On Thursday I pulled out Verrry Berry Picnic for a simple, but still really pretty, coord. Not much to say about this one!

OP & Headbow: Lady Sloth
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

We received some big news on Thursday which once again derailed my writing plans, so suddenly it's Monday again and the working from home coords continue. Again, I don't really have commentary on this outfit, but I liked it!

Skirt & Shoes: Bodyline
Cutsew & Socks: Metamorphose temps de fille
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

I did run some errands after work and got a compliment on the skirt from a lady at the chemist. Always nice!

On Tuesday I woke up with a bad cold, and the weather was also cold, so I stay in my PJs and dressing gown for work. The blessings of working from home!

But honestly it felt really weird to not wear lolita, so I was happy that on Wednesday I was feeling a fair bit better and could resume the lolita habit. One again there's nothing much to say about this coord, but that's okay! Teddy Chocolatier is always cute, and once again I saw my mum and my mum liked it too ^__^

JSK: Metamorphose temps de fille
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

On Thursday (and coincidentally exactly a month after I wore it last) I coorded by handmade green floral skirt with ivory and wine. As I mentioned in this post, I find myself kind of bored with this skirt, so I tried to do something more adventurous with this outfit. It's not super adventurous really, but given that I've only ever worn it with ivory it's a step in the right direction!

Skirt: Handmade
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Bolero: Lyris Design
Socks: Innocent World
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

I did change out of this outfit pretty quickly though, the top half isn't heaps comfortable and I was still under the weather a bit with that cold. It was still really good to try something new with this skirt!

Friday turned into a sick and sooky kind of day, so that's all for the first half of the month of May! It's kind of hilarious to me that this last week I felt kind of bad since I only wore lolita three times in the week - when in my past life have I ever worn lolita thrice in a week? 2020 is an odd year, that's for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Feeling like wearing lolita three times in a week is an "only" rather than an achievement is a very big mood right now. It goes to show how quickly things become normal, as well as just how much joy this fashion gives us that it begins to feel odd to not wear it ass often as possible. I am certainly at the same stage myself.
    And I do really like that last outfit! Things don't have to be groundbreaking or revolutionary to give us a kick of inspiration to wear a piece, simply doing something different than what we usually do is often enough. AThe combination of wine with that deep green shade is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big mood indeed! I have to physically go into work tomorrow, and I'm like "I have to wear pants?"

      Glad you like it - I did too!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have been lolita-ing it up a lot this month! You put me to shame haha
    My favourite look has to be the "proper" tartan coord. Well done on making a new skirt!
    As an aside, I always enjoy how happy and relaxed you look in your coord pics! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much lolita, it's great!

      Thank you and thank you ^__^

      Delete