Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2022

2021 Coords in Review

2021 saw me wearing lolita 27 times (this number does not include the times where I just dressed from the waist-up to film a YouTube video). So a bit over twice a month on average. After my 2020 bonanza it feels like a bit of a poor showing, but given that 2021 was a year in many, many ways (most of which I haven't talked about on this blog) I'm still quite pleased with myself. 

Some of my favourite coords of the year.

So, total numbers aside, how did things look compared to 2020?


I'll admit I'm a little surprised to see that sweet dominated quite this much, but I suppose that's also because a bunch of my outfits toe the sweet-classic line. 


For example, in the four outfits above I classified two as sweet and two as classic...but they're all very similar. I guess it's just that simple sweet (which sometimes tends to read a bit classic by virtue of simplicity) is my vibe. So when I see a graph saying I wore lots of sweet part of me goes "but there are no pastels, no stuffed toys, no giant twin tails" and kind of forgets that my style of sweet exists.


Interestingly, the graph of main piece colours is pretty darn similar to last year. Or, I suppose it's not that interesting. I fit the same pieces as in 2020, and even though I got rid of my handmade green skirt I bought Meta's Camellia Cat so I still had the same amount of green main pieces!

In 2021 I did not have a stand-out most popular main piece. Everything that fits was worn at least once, and I had three tied "favourites" at three wears apiece - Teddy Chocolatier, Shirring Princess, and my handmade cherry skirt. I am not surprised by any of that. ^__^


And last of all...my reasons for wearing lolita. Nothing too surprising here either, really. I feel like I wore lolita a lot for comfort reasons. As in, I had to wear proper clothes for whatever reason, and lolita was more comfortable for me than normie clothes. I know I say this every year, but I really am trying to finally drop some weight, so it'll be interesting to see if I find lolita more or less comfortable as more of my clothes - lolita and not - start to fit better...or fit at all.

Overall there's nothing particularly unusual in the data from 2021. However, I still like posting these reviews to see what I was up to and now that this is done... on to 2022!

4 comments:

  1. Simple sweet is definitely valid! A well put together simple sweet outfit is way better than a sloppy/half-arsed OTT sweet one. There, I said it. Also, knowing that you own Camellia Cat OP makes me very happy, that dress suits you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *international high five for simple sweet*

      And thank you! It'd definitely a new fave.

      Delete
  2. I really loved the post! It makes me inspired to review my own year wearing lolita.
    Also, your coords are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you totally should! Even though this year wasn't surprising for me, it can be quite interesting.

      And I really appreciate the compliment ^__^

      Delete