Pages

Sunday 20 September 2020

AYWI30C #24: Using your least worn main piece

For this prompt I wanted to work with my Innocent World Princess Rose JSK, as it's one of several pieces in my wardrobe that I have actually never worn.


But, to be completely honest, this outfit just...didn't work for me. I don't know why, since it does match quite well and on paper it's nice but it just doesn't excite me at all. Which is a pity, because every individual piece is gorgeous. Perhaps it's a matter of shifting tastes, since I did approached this wanting to do something very classic, and I've really been more on a casual sweet kick lately.


Oh well, at least when I do these coords I do take close-ups so we can enjoy the good aspects of the coord. Like my wedding flower crown, which I still love a lot.


And this Innocent World book bag, which I felt matched in aesthetic if not in colour. Bags are one of those things that I really want to get loads more of, but I know I don't need them and really shouldn't. 


Innocent World is an interesting brand, in that what matches Innocent World best is nearly always more Innocent World. Other brands I find I can mix and match and it's all fine but when it's Innocent World I just drift towards matching it with more of the same.

Though, like my overall opinion on this coord, it could just be a bit of a classic thing. Even though my wardrobe is a bit of everything, it definitely skews more sweet than anything else, which could be why I find Innocent World goes best with Innocent World. 

But regardless of the substyle, I do love working in some offbrand accessories into pretty much everything. This two-way clip is gorgeous but I never seem to wear it! So it was good to bring it out for this coord.

So yeah, this coord ended up being a bit of an odd one, but it was still good to try a new outfit with something I haven't yet been able to wear. I've definitely got options for when I drop a dress size or two and can fit it ^__^

2 comments:

  1. It is a very lovely coordinate, it's very much something that Innocent World themselves would share, unfussy and understated, but still with plenty of detail. But I can see how this wouldn't seem too exciting when you're in the mood for casual sweet. I'm in the mood for casual classic right now, so I might have to see if I can put together something similar with what I have... ^_^"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think it's lovely, and I have to admit it's grown on me a bit more since I posted. Very keen to see what it inspires in you!

      Delete