Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

AYWI30C #23: Using your most worn main piece

I was really excited when I got to this prompt, because I'm taking it as an opportunity to showcase my handmade cherry skirt in a more traditional lolita coord. This skirt is perfect for casual wear, which is how I most often wear it, but I really wanted to try something a little more "proper".


I mean, sure, to a lot of people this is still quite casual and I guess it is, but it's more "proper lolita" casual than casual casual, if you know what I mean ^__^


I decided to keep a lot of the elements in this coord quite "traditional", hence the big old headbow. But I couldn't resist sticking on a cherry clip as well...gotta keep on theme!


For the legwear I chose to go lighter rather than darker, same with the cutsew on top. Obviously you can't avoid black with a black main piece, but I did like pairing this skirt with some lighter and brighter options.


I kept the accessories very minimal, and I loved how perfectly this necklace sat under the collar of the cutsew! Unfortunately it's probably one of those things that wouldn't behave so neatly when actually worn, so let's just admire it in flatlay format.


This coord once again brought into sharp relief that I still down own a black lolita purse, and that is a sin and a shame. Fortunately, most of my black coords are really black x red (and berries, of course) where this Milky Berry tote works perfectly. Or they're black x pink and match my AP bag, or they're black and white so I whip our the big, old, much-abused BTSSB bag.  I don't really need a solely black bag, but I do want one!

This coord really rekindled my excited over this skirt. I've always loved it, but I do tend to wear it in very samey ways so it was nice to see a new potential in it ^__^

2 comments:

  1. This coord looks super comfy. And even though it's casual, it's not "too casual for a meetup", which is how I scale my levels of casual. There's casual-casual, casual-I'm-doing-non-lolita-stuff (recently known as staying at home) and casual-I'm-going-to-a-meetup, which I think this one would be perfect for. You're heading for warmer months shortly, so if there is a socially distanced picnic, you could definitely wear that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your casual scale! And yeah, I'm keen to wear this one when I can ^__^

      Delete