Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

What my wardrobe needs

As you know, I've been wearing lolita almost daily lately since I've been working from home due to the pandemic. It has been a great experience and it has also been very eye opening in showing me what pieces I really need to add to my wardrobe. I had thought I'd been very thorough when I updated my wishlist earlier this year, but wearing lolita so much has shown me a few things I hadn't thought of.

Given the current state to the economy and the tenuous security of my own job, I can't just go out and buy all these things, but writing them down still helps solidify them for me.

A new petticoat
This was already on my wishlist but it has increased in urgency now! After the death of my Classical Puppet petti I've been relying on an old Leg Avenue one, which is soooooo scratchy and also just too short and deflated to do most of my clothes justice. I do have my nice MeLikesTea petti as well, but that's too long and too a-line for most of my clothes.


Pink outerwear
When jotting down coord ideas (as I outlined in this post) I often found myself wanting to list a pink outerwear option, which I don't really own. I don't really care what it is, though a long sleeve bolero is probably the best choice. I just want something pink to layer with!

I have been making some use of a plain cardigan I got for a cosplay costume, but it's not quite lolita enough to make me truly happy. Who knows, I may sacrifice that cardigan to the lolita gods, crop it shorter and add some lace. I don't really need it for cosplay purposes any more so we'll see what happens.

A long-sleeve black bolero
A bit more specific than my desire for pink outerwear, I distinctly want a black bolero with long sleeves. Preferably a bit more classic in style, but not so classic that it won't work with sweet outfits!


Long, warm bloomers
We are heading into the cold months here in Australia, and since it seems likely that I'll still be working from home for a while, I want to be able to keep being frilly without freezing. So I want some nice warm underthings to keep me cosy! This will definitely be a DIY as we already have some black fleece fabric I can use.

The rest of my wishlist
And the rest of my wishlist that I shared at the beginning of this year still stands! With wearing loltia so frequently I'm finding myself craving new things just for the sake of them being new. I'm resisting the urge so far, but we'll see how it goes!


I'm keen to keep wearing lolita more frequently, even after the world returns to a more normal state, but it's been great to see what my wardrobe really needs.

4 comments:

  1. If you wind up making a Taobao order, then Aurora and Ariel petticoats are getting raving reviews for the low price. I've seen them in action and they are quite aggressively poofy, as well as distinctly cupcake despite being sold as A-line. So that'd be one way to tick a much needed item off without spending top dollar. And yes for fuzzy fleece bloomers! (Though despite that bloomer making meetup being *a year and a half ago* now, I STILL haven't put the elastic in mine. That's not good, that's beyond embarrassing at this point, I need to sort that out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, but Taobao tends to make me overspend!

      Good luck finishing your bloomers!

      Delete
  2. Writing things down always help with planning!
    Regarding the petti, as Cupcake Kamisama said, Aurora & Ariel is a very good option. I've bought mine there and I'm quite happy with its poof! It may be a cheaper option to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a chronic list-maker, but it works!

      Thanks for seconding the recommendation, next time I'm on Taobao I'll check them out.

      Delete