Pages

Friday 22 May 2020

Lolita Blog Carnival: 5 Surprise Finds That You Didn’t Realise You Would Enjoy So Much

A moment of me being pedantic first - I don't really have surprise finds. I've never walked into a normal store and suddenly found something perfect for lolita that just blew my mind. But I did, after some thought, come up with a list of five items that have become more integral to my wardrobe that I ever imagined they would.

Closet Child jewellery
In my two trips to Japan I've picked up quite a lot of the generic jewellery sold at the Closet Child stores - some pictured below (with a little AP as well). This stuff is just so good for sweet lolita, and I don't think anything cost more than 300 yen. The bracelets and the pink necklace in particular are really useful for me.


Handmade cherry skirt
Obviously since I made it myself, this skirt was not a surprise find, but the fabric for it was. I found the last of a roll of this fabric on super sale at Spotlight (I think it was $2 a metre, or something like that) and since my actual surname is Cherry I just had to get it. It sat for a while before I made this skirt, and then the skirt sat for a while before Is tarted wearing it regularly, but now it's one of the reliable workhorses of my wardrobe.

Flower Bottle lucky pack skirt
I've mentioned before on this blog, but I wasn't really a fan of Flower Bottle when I first got it in my Meta lucky pack. It was cute, but not me. Oh boy, how wrong time proved that attitude to be! This skirt is now a must keep and it makes me so happy to wear, every time.


Fawn fur handbag
Something I bought for lolita but ended up just using mostly in my day-to-day life is a fawn fur bag bought secondhand from the bran Coquettish Tiara. I love this bag, it's just the right size for me and it's fun to have a weird everyday handbag. It's also a real conversation starter!

Kimonos
When we were in Japan this year we bought a lot of kimonos and obis and even some haoris. While I did have the idea of doing wa lolita in mind at the time, I didn't know how much I'd really fall in love with it! I'm not particularly good at it yet, and tying obi is a massive struggle for me, but I'm getting there.


So those are five things that have been more enjoyable than I would have guessed in my lolita wardrobe.

Read more from other bloggers:

4 comments:

  1. Was the Coquettish Tiara fawn fur bag the first faw fur item you bought that got you hooked? Because I really think of you as all about fawn fur things, regardless of how often you actually wear them with lolita ^_^"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, it was bought because of the addiction lol! My first thing was a collar from Peacockalorum, but I do like that you associate fawn fur with me ^__^

      Delete
  2. Oh that kimono fabric you have is lovely! I can't wait to see your wa lolita coords you put together.

    Closet child jewelry finds are amazing and I'm glad you've gotten to stock up on your trips, it sounds like you had a blast. ^_^

    That flower bottle skirt looks so cute and versatile! I love the details of the art on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with wa lolita, and yes CC jewellery is the best! Flower Bottle is such an underrated print, I think it's stunning!

      Delete