Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2020

A green classic capsule wardrobe

Recently another capsule wardrobe thread popped up on CGL, and since I've had more time on my hands due to working from home I put out a call for requests since I wanted to play. One anon asked for "forest green classic with some neutrals" then added that "different shades of green are ok btw, as long as there's some cohesiveness".

Challenge accepted!


As you can see, I certainly ran with the option of using different shades of green, and it's probably not quite what the requester was after, but I had a lot of fun with this. Sticking to such a limited colour palette is really not my thing, so it was quite hard for me. I do like what I came up with, but with stock photos being what they are (especially you, Innocent World!) please just assume that the colours match well enough IRL.

In my usual way, I've put together four sample coordinates for each main piece below.


This OP, which is AatP's Classical Maid OP, is absolutely gorgeous but so hard to do anything interesting with! It's one of those things you have to wear for itself, not for it's coording possibilities...though I guess that's kind of a thing with long sleeve OPs no matter what.


Way more up my alley is Meta's Dim Light. I adore this print in every colourway and love the clash between opulent, delicate print and military inspired cut. In real life the cape-sleeve-thing is detachable, which would give even more coordination possibilities.


From Meta to more Meta I included one of their perennial velveteen pieces. Different fabric textures are a great way to make a capsule seem more varied than it actually is, and I enjoy how this skirt is like a modern take on old-school.


The last forest green main piece is this gobelin print from Innocent World. With the lush print and low-busted cut it again provides a lot of interest and be worn with pretty much everything in the wardrobe. Putting these together actually really made me fall in love with this JSK!

Then we move into the "other greens" with the mint version of Innocent World's Annette print. I felt having a lighter green piece in a more country vibe gave the wardrobe a much needed lift, but it was also possibly too much of a sweet choice.


The final main piece was one of Meta's kimono prints, and I have to say I fell totally in love. It's so gorgeous! And it does have touches of actual forest green so it's a much better fit for the wardrobe as a whole.


Last of all, these were my favourite coords with each main piece. I think it makes it pretty clear that I'm not really into monochromatic wardrobes! That said, this was a really fun exercise to put together and I hope you enjoyed looking at it ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay, a capsule wardrobe post! Not that long ago I revisited some and realised how great these are. So when I saw that this was going to be green (a very underrated colour in lolita fashion and one I'd like to add more of), I was proper stoked! It's amazing how well the kimono print skirt works with everything else. And it's also bold enough that if someone wanted to expand their wardrobe into some very OTT options, this could be their OTT print, whilst also being a simple and comfy enough cut to be worn casually. I could totally see you add a skirt like this to your wardrobe (I'm not sure if this one comes in Meta's amazing fully shirred cut, but I have seen a few that do and they tempted me). Yes, the Annette JSK is visibly much sweeter than everything else, but it's Innocent World's kind of sweet, not like AP, so it still works and gives this wardrobe some much needed summer options, since everything else is so dark and heavy. Damn, I want more green even more now xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good to get back into doing capsules, they're so fun!

      Yeah, I adore that kimono print and I'd love to get my hands on something similar. Like you say, it's perfect to dress up or down.

      Haha buy more green! Buy more green! I'm finding myself wanting more of it as well, maybe there's just something in the air right now.

      Delete