Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2020

2019 in lolita coordinates

A little belated but nevertheless fun to write, here's some thoughts (and graphs, as usual) about my lolita outfits in 2019. It's a tradition now, dammit!

I actually had a few more coords in the year than I thought I did for a total of 12. Not great, but given how 2019 was as a year for me I'm okay with that. Two of the coords were worn in Tokyo, one was for a photoshoot, and the rest for various everyday occasions. I did not go to any lolita meets in 2019.

Despite the low total number, I still wanted to do my usual analysis of colours and styles. And I loved what I discovered, because 2019 was a colourful year!


Can you believe that I wore green main pieces just as much as I wore black ones? And there was no brown? I'm struggling to believe it and I have photographic evidence!


It made me so happy to realise that I achieved a lot of variety in the colours of my coords last year. Not that I haven't always had a decent range of colours in my wardrobe but still, this felt good.

In terms of substyles, I also found that I was definitely leaning more sweet this year, which I think suits how my lolita style is shifting in general. I still love classic, don't get me wrong, and I'd never want a wholly sweet wardrobe but sweet is just fun and cute and me.


In fact, out of my classic outfits I only consider the one below to be "properly" classic lolita, as the others are pretty casual. Still classic, if I had to pick a substyle, but not typically classic lolita.

Classic is the best for artsy photoshoots!

With a drastically decreased coord count from 2018, there's actually not much more for me to say about my 2019 outfits. I'm happy with them, and am glad to look back and realised that I did still average wearing lolita once a month over the year.

I'm not going to set any goals for 2020 as I'm still struggling a bit with lingering burnout but I'm getting excited about lolita again, and am keen to see where this year takes me in this awesome fashion.

4 comments:

  1. So are you saying that mint will not only be a part of your go-to style, but also a growing element within your lolita wardrobe? It does suit you a lot, so I'd fully support you going in the mint direction ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! I'm also glad that you think mint suits me ^__^

      Delete
  2. I love analyses like this! Branching out and trying out new styles is always fun, I hope you'll continue enjoying lolita through the new year

    ReplyDelete