Pages

Friday 31 January 2020

Coordinates from September - December 2019

So at the end of 2019 I basically just stopped everything, including wearing lolita. Therefore I never posted the last couple of outfits I wore. But better late than never, here they are!

JSK & Shoes: Metamorphose temps de fille
Bolero: Lady Sloth
Headbow & Socks: Angelic Pretty
Bows: Offbrand

I wore this outfit to run some errands with James sometime in September. I got overwhelmingly positive reactions while we were out. First the pharmacist (who's always sweet, I like her) was super complimentary about my hair accessories in particular, then the staff member at the petrol station was super nice (she didn't mention my outfit, but I got a vibe that it affected her level of extra niceness), and last of all the store lady at the op shop we went to engaged us in a massive conversation about alternative fashion (her own outfit was quite unique and she had cool coloured hair)! And then, to top it off, James whipped out the proper camera for my outfit photos and we did a whole proper mini photoshoot, which was fun.

Please note the brief appearance of a burgundy streak - my work instituted new grooming rules so no more pink hair for me. I'm still really bummed about it six months later, I loved my pink streak, it was so me.

OP: Metamorphose temps de fille
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks & Shoes: Bodyline

And the last time I wore lolita in 2019 was so half-assed I didn't even get a photo...I'm just lucky I could steal this from the tattoo studio's Instagram! James got a new tattoo on Halloween since out tattoo place was doing a fundraiser for the RSPCA. I was not really happy with this outfit because it was so boring, but I was glad to wear lolita.

Then that's it for 2019! It was a very quiet lolita year, especially compared to the last two, but given how chaotic the year was in general I'm not going to feel bad about that. I'll be posting my customary review of the years outfits shortly, so stay tuned ^__^

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you at least had that photo from the tattoo shop's page. Even though it may not be an outfit you're happy with, I do think that social media has conditioned us into thinking that every outfit has to be amazing and something we're super happy with. And the fact is, sometimes you do just need to be comfortable or simply decent, and lolita clothing does that job just as well as the proverbial jeans and T-shirt. I'd like to normalise taking pictures of 'boring' outfits, whether they are using lolita pieces or not, this might be something to help with working on one's self esteem and body image. As well as make me realise that a lot of what I do wear is just as nice and picture-worthy as the outfits that I do photograph properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also learned my lesson that even if it's a boring coord, I want to get a decent photo...I don't like me in this photos but still wanted to share the coord!

      But yes, as a matter of principle I'm a fan of sharing the everyday outfits online - I think it's important. It's like how I practically never wear make-up...sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed by that but why should I? So I'm gonna keep sharing ALL my coords, even if I feel plain and fat, because it matters.

      End rant lol.

      PS I'd lvoe to see more of your casual looks as well!

      Delete