Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

Remote Twinning with Cupcake Kamisama

Recently I had the pleasure of remote twinning for the very first time with the always lovely Paulina from Cupcake Kamisama! Feast your eyes on our adorable sweetness!

My twin from the other side of the world!

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about this whole thing, given that I've never actually properly twinned before. I did do a photoshoot with a model friend, but that was just me dressing us both up in matching dresses with different styling, not actual twinning with a fellow lolita.

Turns out that we only had one print in common, this Bodyline one. Once we decided on the main piece, Paulina put together some flatlays for me, I made a flatlay to match one of hers, we hashed out a few more details (like adding pink wigs and matching brooches) and shoot ideas and we were ready!

Tea is the universal uniting force, regardless of space and time.

Paulina took her photos first then I attempted to match, and I think all in all we did a very creditable job! It was fun pairing our photos together, though I have to say that the artsy one below was all her work, not mine!


All in all my first remote twinning was a wonderful experience! It was very fun to collaborate with Paulina (and seriously, if you don't follow her blog you absolutely should) and since I'm lucky enough to have an awesome husband I can rope into taking lots of photos for me it was pretty easy too.  I also enjoy that this coordinate is probably not quite what I'd have done on my own if we weren't trying to match - and on that note I think we ended up matching really well! 10/10, would twin again ^__^


PS I'm also adding this selfie because I wanted to wear my glasses for the shoot, but also needed to do make-up, so I did my makeup practically blind (-10 vision y'all) and amazingly I ended up with even eyeliner. It's a miracle!

PPS How cute is this wig? It's my favourite wig and it was fun to wear it with lolita for once!

4 comments:

  1. I'd even say it's an 11/10 would twin again! No-one else so far embraced my "do we want to try doing cheesy twin poses" question and coming up with random props we could use and how to pose was a whole extra layer of fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah! I love cheesing it up (if we ever meet in real life there will be finger guns and bad puns galore) so it was really fun!

      Delete
  2. This is so super cute! I can't wait till Im able to twin with someone, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you get to twin soon, it was lots of fun!

      Delete