Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

Coordinates from 1 - 15 April 2020

NSW is in full lockdown mode, or whatever we're calling it. It's the "seriously, don't leave your house except for essentials, and going to the beach isn't essential, you idiots" phase of things, and regulations are in place until 29 June unless the situation drastically improves. As mentioned in my last coord round up, I'm trying to wear lolita every weekday for as long as I'm working from home due to the pandemic, so you're going to see more coords from me than usual! Hence why this is being posted mid-month. Can't have too many coords in one post!

Anyhoo, continuing the WFH coords from the day I left off in that last post, on Wednesday we wear wa lolita, apparently. Well, not really a proper wa coordinate, but I'd had the idea to match this haori with this JSK for a while and was glad to try it out.

JSK: Innocent World Icing Cookie
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Vintage/Taobao/Offbrand

Unfortunately, I didn't really like this coord, and I've realised I am going to sell this dress off after all. I do love it the print, but the cut is bad on me. I also didn't wear a petticoat, isn't that naughty? Aaaand I took my headbow and haori and shoes off most of the time while I was working but hey, it's the thought that counts!

I decided to wear something very comfortable on Thursday, as I was starting to feel a bit tired of dealing with clothes that weren't quite right. So out came my handmade cherry skirt in an excessively cherry themed coord!

Skirt: Handmade
Cardigan: Banned
Shoes & Socks: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

Again, I did a naughty and didn't wear my shoes, petticoat, or headwear until it was photo time ^__^

Now, technically Friday is not a work day for me at the moment. In a money-saving effort my company has just closed on Fridays now. But I'd made an agreement with a colleague who is also a writer - we'd both continue to work on Friday on our respective fiction projects and check in in the evenings.

I did allow myself the luxury of sleeping in, but once I was up I got dressed in lolita, ready to write! In the end James and I also ran some errands (the checkout chick at Coles was very complimentary) and I was back in my PJs at 3PM with only 100 words written but hey, I needed a mental health day apparently and 100 words is still 100 words.

Skirt: Metamorphose temps de fille Flower Bottle
Blouse: Bodyline
Brooch: MadIllustration
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

I utterly adored this coord. So cute and quirky and casual! Totally me! And that's the joy of just dressing up to stay at home, I can try stuff like this. Wouldn't probably wear it to a meet, and I don't think I'd have come up with this outfit if I wasn't deliberately trying to stretch my coording possibilities while being relaxed about the outcome.

It actually felt weird not dressing up over the weekend, and I wore a coord I've had in my head for a while to start the next week off. I like how it turned out...though I entirely forgot to put a petticoat on at all. Forgive me!

JSK: Metamorphose temp de fille Rose Strip Shirring
Bolero: Lyris Design
OTKS: Innocent World
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

Tuesday it was back to berries with my trusty Chocoberry skirt! Unfortunately though the skirt fits it is a bit too tight, so I changed into my PJs at lunch. Oh well, I was cute for a while and then I got to be warm and cozy...it's a win-win!

Skirt & Shoes: Bodyline
Cutsew: Angelic Pretty
OTKS: Jane Marple
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

Ahem. So yes, I wore my cherry skirt last week and I wore berries yesterday, but I made the headband I'm wearing and posted about it on Facebook without a photo. Naturally, several people requested a photo so I decided I'd wear it properly! Buuuut I didn't get a proper outfit photo on the day, so have a selfie I took to show off the headband and a flatlay ^__^


Skirt, Headband & Wristcuffs: Handmade
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

I really liked this outfit! It's casual and quirky, just my style. It's also super-offbrand, which makes me very happy on principle.

Related question - should I post a tutorial on how to make this headband? It was literally a twenty minute make ^__^

Thursday and Friday turned into pyjama days for me so flash forward to Easter Monday, when I dressed up for all of half an hour for something exciting! I'll post a little more about it in it's own post, so for now just have an outfit rundown.

Skirt & Shoes: Bodyline
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Brooch: MadIllustration
Everything else: Offbrand

On Tuesday, I woke up after a really bad night sleep with lots of aches and pains, and it was really cold too! I almost wussed out of wearing lolita because I wanted to stay in my dressing gown, but instead made a coord purely so I could wear my fawn fur cape, which was almost as warm and cosy.

Skirt & Headbow: Handmade
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Cape: Sweet Dreamer
OTKS: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline

My last coord from this time was also influenced by me being cold! It was also my first try as taking my own coord photos, everything else has been courtesy of my wonderful husband ^__^

JSK & Capelet: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
OTKS: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Hat: Vintage
Bracelets: Offbrand

It has been really weird and amazing to wear lolita so much. I've been loving how it's stretched my wardrobe out - several of these are outfits I wouldn't have worn if I was wearing lolita "normally" aka not much. I've been trying to not get in a rut, and my wardrobe does still lend itself easily to certain styles (black berry prints much?) that do feel repetitive when worn frequently so I've made an effort to avoid that. I've already worn more lolita coords this year than all of 2019 and I really like that.

So that's all for now...and by that I mean for a couple of weeks until I post the next roundup!

9 comments:

  1. Lockdown is definitely great for allowing our creativity to run around without any restrictions, I'm finding myself wearing things in ways I otherwise wouldn't have too. Though at the same time I'm really loving the cherry overload first black x berry coord, that cardigan is amazing and the whole thing fits you so well <3 And that last tartan coord is incredibly cute too, they might be my favourite ones (apart from the obvious ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita has definitely been one of the best things about lockdown for me (after getting to sleep more and see my husband more!).

      Thank you, I love that skirt/how I can coord it and that tartan look turned out really good, especially because it wasn't something I'd ever thought to do it was just "I'm cold, cape? Cape is red, dress is red, okay!"

      Also ;) yourself!

      Delete
  2. That cherry skirt is really adorable! The coords with that one are my favourites <3 I love the fact that we are all spending some time creating new ways of combine our wardrobes, it's such a spark of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love that you like it - it is a favourite of mine as well. And it has been great to see so many lolitas enjoying dressing up now more than ever!

      Delete
  3. Lockdown has me feeling super fashion-inspired, even if everything else feels a bit of a mess!

    Your looks with the cherry skirt are always some of my favourites! I love the retro vibe of it, and I have a weakness for cherry themes in general!
    Also really enjoy the Rose Strip Shirring coord-- looks so relaxed and yet elegant and well put together <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be kind of universal (and on a related note - it was really nice to see you post to your blog again!)

      Thank you, I love the cherry skirts you've made. Retro cherry are awesome!

      And thanks again, I'm happy with how that coord turned out ^__^

      Delete
    2. You're so kind! <3
      I knew I'd come back eventually once I got my life together a bit haha-- just took a bit longer than expected! It's good to be back ^_^

      Delete
  4. 100 words totally is 100 words! Haha
    We're also on lockdown around here and I've been trying to keep up with my writing too, but sometimes the situation is simply too much (I mean, we are in the middle of a pandemic, after all). So, I guess it's okay to not press ourselves to be productive all the time. Mental Health days are the most important during these times!

    That said, I loved your coords and your thought on each of them! The Easter Monday one is just too cute (and looks really comfy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count any writing achievement as an achievement! Yeah, I'm swinging rapidly between "uber productive" and "I'm a potato" and trying to be accepting of myself whichever mood I'm in.

      I'm glad you liked my coords and ramblings ^__^

      Delete