Pages

Saturday 7 January 2023

An old-school indie capsule wardrobe

Friends - it appears I am back on the capsule wardrobe bandwagon for a bit. I had a lot of fun with the bittersweet one, and also in using it on YouTube as a vehicle to talk about a. bittersweet and b. capsule wardrobe building, so I decided to keep it going. I also got a couple of requests on the bittersweet one which I'll be tackling next, and I am currently open to taking even more suggestions.

For this capsule, I repeated a personal challenge I'd previously tried - making a wardrobe using only items from Western indie brands. If you're interested in seeing the process, check out the video at the bottom of the post, but if you're just here for pretty pictures, read on!

For this capsule I thought it would be a good idea to try for an old-school inspired collection, since that's fairly popular at the moment and therefore easier to come by. I was...right and wrong about that but regardless I'm pretty pleased with the final wardrobe. Not perfect, given my source limitations, and not really my preferred style, but pretty good nevertheless.

The items in this capsule are from the following indie brands:
The Black Ribbon
Sweet Mildred
Chrysanthemum's Concerto
Fuwaya Lolita
Me Likes Tea
R R Memorandum
Summer Tale Boutique
Enchanted Dream Couture
Cotton Candy Feet

And of course, what's a digital capsule without example outfits?

I really love this Sweet Mildred OP. The low poof skirt, the metal zipper - it's got that edge that so many old-school looks had. Not necessarily something I'd wear myself, but certainly something I like!

This gingham Chrysanthemum's Concerto JSK, on the other hand, I could totally see myself in. I deliberately chose this piece as it can be worn in old-school styling, but it isn't actually old-school itself. Gives the wardrobe a not-definitely-old-school option if desired.
The second JSK of the wardrobe is also from Sweet Mildred, and really gives off BTSSB vibes to me. And, as a tartan main piece, it really is the most workable of the main pieces here.
Lastly, this skirt from The Black Ribbon is absolutely gorgeous! If it were more my style I would 100% buy it but alas, I know myself well enough that I know it wouldn't be a sensible purchase. So it was extra fun to play with it digitally!

To finish off this post, here's a link to the video ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment