Pages

Monday 1 February 2021

Coordinates from January 2021

I was honestly expecting January to be a very quiet month on the lolita front given that I return to working in the office and didn't start the month with anything much planned. But life, and lolita, finds a way!

My first coord in January was worn for our 10-year anniversary lunch. James and I went to the restaurant where we decided to get engaged, which was on our 7-year anniversary. I wanted to wear lolita, and I wanted it to be an outfit where I could showcase the wonderful necklace he had made (by the same jewellers who did our wedding rings) for me for this anniversary which features a piece of paua shell he found the day before our wedding. So I went with a very simple outfit all in black, and I really love how it turned out!

Skirt: Victorian Maiden
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

On my first day off after my first week back at work James and I ran some errands and did a bit of op-shopping, and I unexpectedly felt like wearing lolita...so I did! My inspiration for this outfit was that was would be wearing my pink face mask into the shops, so I wanted a coord that would match it well enough ^__^

JSK: Metamorphose temp de fille Teddy Chocolatier
Blouse & Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

James took these shots for me on our way to the shops - we've driven past this "imagine" sign many times but never stopped. It was windy but fun!

On 20 January, which incidentally is James’s birthday, the two of us went to an event by the local Council. It turned out to be a rather shitty experience, but I did wear a simple coord (and braided James’s hair, which looked super adorable) so that was something.

Skirt & Headbow: Handmade
Cutsew: The Black Ribbon
Shoes: Bodyline
Socks: Offbrand

So for my first month back to "normal life" three coords in genuinely not bad! Let's see how the rest of the year pans out ^__^

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to make Teddy Chocolatier look ugly, that's such a great dress and every time you wear it, it reminds me how cute and versatile it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become such a fave of mine in such short time!

      Delete