Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2021

AYWI30C #28: From as many brands as possible

Wow, we are really on the home stretch of this challenge! I'm actually kind of sad, I've been working on these prompts for so long it'll be weird when they're done.

Nut enough about what I won't have shortly, and more about what I do have, and that is a very pretty coordinate, if I say so myself ^__^


This prompt was so much easier than the last one, but that's just how my wardrobe is. I knew that I wanted to combo this Queen Cat with this The Floral Notebook blouse, but the rest all came together on the fly.


And honestly, most of my decisions after that basic combo came from my choice of bag. As I've mentioned before, I don't own a solid black bag, so I had to run with something that wasn't going to be a straightforward match. I thought the pink heart bag was a fun touch, playing off the floral motifs in the print and running in a sweeter direction, rather than a more serious classic or gothic.


Which, let's be honest, is much more me anyway! Once I'd chosen the bag it was a simple matter to pull out a bunch of floral-themed accessories. 


As you can see, I've got multiple tones going on with the different flowers which matches the colours in the print. I really like it! Normally I tend to go a bit more matchy-matchy, so it made for a nice change of pace.

So while this coordinate isn't really groundbreaking, the constraints of this challenge led me to a look I may not have pulled out otherwise, so I'm quite a happy camper! Very keen to wear this look someday ^__^

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great coord, I love it! Adding pinks was such a great move, it lifts the whole outfit up with the lighter shades. And I'm curious to see how these boots and these socks work together in practice.
    Also, it's totally ok to be sad that the challenge you created is nearly over. I've worked out that at my current pace I'll be done with it by October and that makes me sad already, so you as the creator must feel this more acutely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm rather keen on it myself, and I can see myself wearing it (always a plus).

      Nawwww you're nearly done too? That is very very bittersweet!

      Delete