Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Lolita Wardrobe Post 2021

 Whew! Another year, another wardrobe post! Though, ahem, confession time: I thought I'd only missed one year of posting...turns out it was two! I mean, it's a lot of work so I know why I missed it but I do regret that I did. 

But enough dwelling on the past! This year, I mustered up the will to do my wardrobe post again and I'm really happy with it so here we go ^__^

Jumperskirts

Lyris Design
Innocent World Classical Bustle

While lately I’ve been tending towards sweet lolita, brown classic pieces are just so beautiful to me. The Lyris JSK was a present from James, and made custom for me, and the IW dress is just a perennial classic. 

Innocent World Princess Rose
Metamorphose temps de fille Dim Light

Dim Light is as close to a dream dress as I’ve ever had - I’ve adored it since it came out and bought it full-price on the re-release. It’s such a gorgeous piece, and I love the fabric of it, and the print, and everything!. The IW dress is also gorgeous, though in a very different way. And if the proportions look off, don’t worry, I modified the straps to be longer but it looks a bit funny laid out like this!

Metamorphose temps de fille Teddy Chocolatier
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Tartan Check

These two look a bit odd side by side, but they are both favourite pieces of mine that I love to wear!  

Bodyline L174
Bodyline L417

The brown floral is a piece that I identify really strongly with - I’ve had it for ages and it just feels so me.

Metamorphose temps de fille Rose Stripe Shirring
Bodyline L003

As you can tell, I’ve got a bit of a thing for floral prints, and Rose Stripe Shirring in particular is an absolute favourite.

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Shirring Princess
Bodyline L348

Shirring Princess is a piece that I always loved, but 2020 made me really love it, you know?

Lyris Design

Last but not least in the JSKs is my wedding dress. Since I had an odd number of JSKs I had to pick one to be photographed solo and figured that I may as well make it my wedding dress, and I may as well show you the whole wedding look together (at least, the items I had made, sans veil)! I’m still astounded by how gorgeous this dress, and this whole look, is. I’m so happy we chose re-wearable items for our wedding looks, it was very much the right decision!

Onepieces

Metamorphose temps de fille Berry Stripe
Metamorphose temps de fille Egg Art

Two Meta cuties, both easy to wear and lots of fun. I will admit, I am falling out of love with Berry Stripe a little bit these days - not entirely sure why!

Lady Sloth Verrry Berry Picnic
Metamorphose temps de fille Blooming Garden

I loved adding more colours to my wardrobe recently! These are both lovely prints, though I am considering selling VBP or modifying it since the neckline is too wide for me and my bra straps are always on show when I wear it.

Bodyline L323
Bodyline L479

More florals, is anyone surprised?

Skirts

Bodyline L303
Handmade

Two of my favourite skirts! My handmade cherry skirt is actually probably my most worn main piece since it’s so easy to dress up or down.

Bodyline L247
Metamorphose temps de fille Patisserie Dream

Patisserie Dream is totally the best. It’s another thing I’d have called a “dream dress” if I have such things. The macaron skirt was given to me by a friend - James and I actually gave it to her years and years ago but as time went by she decided she wasn’t going to wear it and gave it to me. Which was great, because I love it!

Enchantlic Enchantilly Queen Cat
Bodyline L353

James spotted Queen Cat in Closet Child Harajuku so of course, I had to get it!

Victorian Maiden Unknown
Handmade

Sometimes simple is best, and I have to say the VM skirt gets a lot of wear when I have to be a little more normie-appropriate. 

Wonderpunk Jurassic Party 
Metamorphose temps de fille Flower Bottle 

The colourful ones! While Jurassic Party isn’t really my thing, I’ll keep it forever since we made it. And Flower Bottle has just wormed its way deeper and deeper into my heart as time goes on - I wouldn’t part with it now!

Blouses & Cutsews

Axes Femme / Bodyline
Metamorphose

Offbrand / The Black Ribbon
Innocent World

Metamorphose / Offbrand
Angelic Pretty

Bodyline / Angelic Pretty
Bodyline

The Black Ribbon / Bodyline
Angelic Pretty

The Floral Notebook / Offbrand
Axes Femme / Innocent World

The Floral Notebook / Lady Sloth
Mary Rose / Angelic Pretty

The Floral Notebook / Metamorphose temps de fille

Boleros & Cardigans

Angelic Pretty / BTSSB
Handmade / Lady Sloth

BTSSB / Nile Perch
BTSSB / Peace Now

Vintage / BTSSB
Innocent World x2

Offbrand / Angelic Pretty
Maxicimam x2

Lyris Design / Angelic Pretty
Offbrand / Heart E

Coats & Other Outerwear

Taobao x2

Axes Femme x2

BTSSB / Taobao / Axes Femme

I also have 2 capelets that I forgot to photograph, so have some very mis-matched photos of them.

BTSSB (and a whole lot of other stuff!)

Innocent World

Miscellaneous

Metamorphose temps de fille / Marble

Bags

(Left to right, top to bottom)
Coquettish Tiara / Offbrand / BTSSB
Axes Femme / Taobao
BTSSB / Innocent World / Angelic Pretty

Shoes

(Left to right, top to bottom)
Bodyline / Offbrand / Bodyline x2
Bodyline x2 / Taobao / Bodyline
Bodyline / Taobao / Bodyline x2
Taobao x2

Fur Accessories

All offbrand / Taobao except: 
Bottom left collar and gloves are Swimmer
Fawn beret and two collars below are Peacockalorum

Legwear

All Angelic Pretty

All Metamorphose temp de fille

All Innocent World

Jane Marple / Offbrand / BTSSB / AatP / Handmade / BTSSB x2 / Offbrand x3

I do also have an assortment of tights and other ankle socks, but they do not photograph well. But I do have them!

Headwear

(Top to bottom, left to right, then bottom row)
Disney x4 / Offbrand / MaiDreamin
BTSSB / Taobao x3 / Angelic Pretty / Metamorphose
Angelic Pretty / Taobao x3 / BTSSB / Taobao
Lady Sloth / BTSSB / Offbrand / Taobao /Angelic Pretty x2
Offbrand x5 / Taobao
BTSSB / Bodyline / Lyris Design / Handmade / Offbrand 

Various brands, including Yokai Candy, handmade, and BTSSB.

All offbrand except for Innocent World bonnet.

All offbrand or Taobao.

All offbrand.

Jewellery and Other Accessories

Various brands, including Angelic Pretty, Lady Sloth and Rouge Aerie Designs.

Various brands, including a couple from Angelic Pretty and some handmade.

Various brands, including MadIllustration, Pastelaxy and Peppermint Fox.

(Top to bottom, left to right)
Offbrand / Angelic Pretty x2
Taobao x3
Taobao / BTSSB / Handmade

So that's my wardrobe as it currently stands, and I think this is the most thorough job I've ever done of photographing it. You can view the last wardrobe post I did here.

I'm also planning to post an artsy highlights video on my YouTube channel, but didn't want to delay posting this to wait for it so I'll post about that separately once it's up. Or, you know, you could totally subscribe *wink*

Did you do a wardrobe post this year! If so, drop a link in the comments, I'd love to see it ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Just - wow... You really have an impressive collection and did an amazing job capturing that! And the bow clips and flower clips photos are so visually pleasing that I could easily put them up as a background on my phone or computer. Very satisfying to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawww thank you! Haha yes, it was a pain laying all those out but super worth it! Kinda thinking I may shoot those little accessories by colour next year like you've done in the past ^__^

      Delete