Pages

Friday 21 August 2020

Lolita Blog Carnival: Update an Old GLB Snap

 This prompt was a lot of fun! I don't have all that much to say, so I'm starting off by showing you the "remade" coord.

The street snap I chose to redo is a pretty well-know one - can you guess what it was?

If you guessed this, then you guessed right! And if not...hey, I wouldn't have either ^__^

I chose this coord because a. I love me some Meta gobelin and b. I enjoyed the slightly gothic vibes is has, despite being what we would not probably define as classic lolita and lastly c. unlike other snaps I looked at, I could think of ways to updated it without ruining the vibes entirely.

As you can see, the main elements of the coord and colours are the same, but the choice of pieces reflects more modern tastes. I actually really love the coord I came up with!

PS I used a different skirt int he same fabric because it had a better stock photo for me to work with ^__^

Read more from other bloggers:


2 comments:

  1. This is such an iconic GLB snap! <3 And I think it's a great update that definitely takes the original vibe into account. Except for maybe the blouse, you could substitute any of the elements intothe original coord and it would still read both time-accurate and that 'classic-meets-gothic' substyle accurate.

    ReplyDelete