Pages

Sunday 1 January 2023

Coordinates from July - December 2022

 Oh, this title is such a lie!

I did not wear lolita (properly, that is - getting into half a coord for a YouTube video or wearing a lolita dress casually don't count) until December. At the moment, due to office issues, I am WFH again, and my manager made it clear that she will just call us on Microsoft Teams whenever she wants so that means I can no longer work in my PJs like a slob. And I hate business casual attire, so I decided it was high time to start wearing lolita to WFH agaim ^__^

JSK: Metamorphose temps de fille Rose Stripe Shirring
Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

For this first WFH coord I wanted simple and comfortable, so this JSK was an obvious choice. I also wanted to see if this peasant-style top James bought for me would work with lolita, and for this kind of coord I think definitely yes!

The next day I actually found myself feeling a bit overwhelmed about what to wear next, so I turned to my tracking spreadsheet and the main piece I'd gone longest without wearing was Verrry Berry Picnic, so that's what I wore ^__^

OP & Necklace: Lady Sloth Verry Berry Picnic
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/handmade/Taobao

Honestly though, while I did like this outfit, it pushed me to a decision - I need to sell this dress. The neckline is far too wide, meaning my bra straps always show and/or the sleeves fall off my shoulder. A bustier person wouldn't have this issue, but...well...I do! It's bad enough that I feel self conscious and uncomfortable wearing the dress, and I don't want things in my collection that don't bring me joy. 

Also - on this day our rental tenancy got terminated.and that just 100% killed my desire to dress up or do anything.

Soooo...that's it for 2022. Due to having to move, and also moving into a much smaller space, I will probably be fairly quiet on the lolita front for a while but hey, that's been me for the past years or so anyway. I do have some posts planned so you may not even notice any difference lol. I've also been getting more out of YouTube than blogging recently, so I'm more active over there ^__^

All in all I'm not quite sure how to conclude this post - I'm a bit too scattered to make much sense. But 2022 is over, and I'll see you all throughout 2023.

4 comments:

  1. Your outfits are so gorgeous! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! May 2023 bring you much needed calm headspace.
    It's interesting that you have the too-wide-neckline issue with your Lady Sloth OP. The one OP I have from them also has the same thing, but I thought it was because mine was from the Casual Sloth line. But if this is the standard OP neckline cut that they go for, it means that it'll be on every cut, which is something to look out for. Would you ever consider trading it for the JSK or skirt version or are you happy to completely part with the print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and likewise ^__^

      Oh, that's a pity that it seems to be an issue with this cut for them in general. And no, I don't think I'll get it in a different cut - I love the print but it doesn't fit into my wardrobe too well. I've actually already sold it to a friend of mine whom it fits a lot better on

      Delete