Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Coordinates from November 2020

November was a quiet month in terms of wearing lolita. I did shoot a bunch of content for YouTube...but since I only ever got dressed from the waist up in lolita for those, I decided they don't really count as outfits. My coord count would be higher if I included them, but oh well, quality over quantity!

My first November coord was for a counselling appointment, and as it was a hot day I kept things really quite simple. But it was nice to dress up nevertheless!

JSK: Metamophose temps de fille Rose Stripe Shirring
Bolero: Lady Sloth
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Flower: Offbrand

The following week I decided I really wanted to hit life hard, so started the week off wearing lolita to work from home. A super simple and casual outfit, because it was still hot, but still! Dressing up for work does motivate me for work and for life in general.

Skirt: Handmade
Everything else: Offbrand

The hot theme continued on and off for the month, so I didn't wear lolita much. November was just kind of a massive blur overall. However, on one 41 degree (105 in freedom units) day James and I went to some our friend's place for dinner and I decided to wear a simple coord since I was going to melt no matter what. I did forgo the petticoat though...there are limits! 

JSK: Metamorphose temp de fille Teddy Chocolatier
Bolero: Lady Sloth
Shoes: Bodyline
Bag: Coquettish Tiara
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

Sunday evening of that weekend brought with it a proper cool change, so I wore lolita to work from home on Monday. I also filmed a YouTube video in my lunch break in this, though I did forget to put on make-up...oh well!

JSK & Collar: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

And alas, my shoes started breaking this day. I've got no standards, so I'll probably wear them until they fully break, but I don't think that'll be too long coming...

So that was it for November! Not many coords, though I'm still amazed that 2020 has skewed my perspective so that wearing the fashion four times in a month is "not many". As the weather gets hotter and I transition back to working in the office I'm probably going to wear the fashion even less over the next few months, but I've learned never to make predictions so we'll just see how the last month of the year goes for me and lolita.

2 comments:

  1. This pandemic is definitely messing with our perceptions of what's a lot and what sn't. Four outfits in a month is one a week, in usual circumstances this is the sort of thing that I might've been aiming for since that's a realistic target. And yet now we're feeling as if four in a month isn't good enough, despite there being no competition or anything like that.
    And I must say, I love the second outfit! The T-shirt works so well with the skirt and it just looks super cool and geeky, it has a tiny bit of that 80s fun vibe (though it may just be me projecting something), it's great. Big casual outfit appreciation energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH I'm keen for this year to be over. Much as personally there's been xsme good, 2020 has just been a clusterfuck.

      Haha glad you like it!

      Delete