Pages

Friday 7 August 2020

Lolita Blog Carnival: Create A Coord Based On A Flower

I love flowers, so I was very excited for this topic! But I struggled to summon the motivation to put together a flatlay from my own wardrobe. However, this turned out to be a boon because once I decided to do a digital outfit instead I could pick whatever flower I wanted - no limits! - and I chose the snowdrop.


I really love snowdrops, and have every since I was little. When we moved into our current house I was very happy to discover there's a snowdrop plant in the back yard right outside the window behind my computer. It's currently blooming wonderfully and it makes me happy every time I see it. So, a lolita snowdrop coord seemed like a great idea!
I wanted something airy and light and spring-feeling. Of course the main piece had to be white, but I also wanted to play around with adding some light spring greens. They don't really match that well, but I still think they're rather charming.

And now I really want to add some green and white to my wardrobe...oh oh!

2 comments:

  1. Snowdrops are so lovely! Seeing them always makes me happy.
    I don't think it'd matter that the greens don't match, they're far apart enough to not make that a problem. And what is this dress, I don't think I recognise it? The whole coord is just lovely, I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was this or jonquils TBH, but I didn't feel like coording yellow and ivory :p I forget how much I love the spring bulbs until they pop up every year.

      I'm so happy you like it! The dress is AP's Floral Lady.

      Delete