Pages

Saturday 4 July 2015

Lolita 52: How I first found out about lolita

Lolita is something I've vaguely know about since I started becoming involved in various online communities in about 2004, so I can't give an exact pin-point in time for when I first found out about it. I liked the aesthetic from what I saw on deviantART and I tried unsuccessfully to mimic it around 2008-09. In 2011 I really started looking into the fashion and my main turning point was finding the blog FYeahLolita, which I still adore, and from there I found EGL on livejournal and the rest is history.

This is a really short post, lol, because that's really the whole story. I can't really point to a particualr moment or image, though I can tell you that the below image by Kechake-stock on dA was something that stuck in my mind.


How did you find out about lolita?

No comments:

Post a Comment