Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Review #24: ReStyle Gothic Windows Skirt

Lately I've been writing a few blog posts for the Australian retailer Tragic Beautiful [which you can read here] in return for store credit. And recently I used said credit to finally get my hands on ReStyle's Gothic Windows Midi Skirt, which is something I've had my eye on for quite a while.


Tragic Beautiful has a nice, easy-to-use site and for those of us within Australia, really quick shipping. They're always quick to get your items in the post. In my case, I ordered Sunday 15th and it was in the post Monday afternoon. I used regular post [which for Australians is free on orders over $99] and it got to me Wednesday morning. I had to get in in a Large, despite my waist being a better fit for the Medium, as it was the last one in stock. And, wouldn't you know, it turned out to be a perfect fit, so if you're hovering between sizes definitely go one up and if, like me, the only size available is bigger than you think you need go for it anyway.

 Blogger hates me. Sorry for the rotated pictures.

The skirt is really nice. The fabric is thick cotton, and the print is well done and lines up nicely on the seams. There is no elastic in the waist and it does up with a zipper and three hooks-and-eyes. It is about 63cm long, which on me bring it to the bottom of my knees sans petticoat, so it's perfect for taller lolitas or those who like slightly longer skirts. Honestly there's not too much more to say. It's not mindbogglingly amazing but it's a very nice skirt that's sturdily made and that I'm really looking forward to wearing.

Sideways print close up.

Long story short, this skirt is lovely and particularly if you're Australian I can't recommend Tragic Beautiful enough!

1 comment:

  1. Argh, no, the temptation.... I am obsessed with Tragic Beautiful and Restyle... no money, though!

    ReplyDelete