Pages

Monday 11 October 2021

Sweet candy capsule

Apparently I'm really getting into making capsules again, which has been a lot of fun! Who knows how long this enthusiasm will last so let's enjoy it while it lasts ^__^

After my last limited capsule I realised I'm really getting a lot out of trying to to really restrict the numbers, so I tackled another request from CGL (sweet capsule based around Sugar Hearts JSK in pink) and tried to keep things small. In the end, this is a 19 piece capsule and I feel like those few extra pieces (mostly headwear and legwear) really multiplied the versatility of the wardrobe. Which is quite validating, because I've always been of the opinion that they're very important!

So without any further ado, here is the capsule.


And, of course, four sample outfits with each main piece. These were so much fun and there were still plenty of avenues I didn't explore, so I'm very happy with how the whole thing turned out.


Sugar Hearts is actually a print that I love, but none of the cuts would ever look good on me, so my love is from a distance. So it was super fun to do these outfits, and the capsule in general! I included a couple of other pieces from the series - namely the cutsew and OTKS in white - because there is just something unbeatable about matching pieces in sweet lolita.


For my second main piece I wanted to run with the candy theme, and also wanted the whole capsule to turn more "pastel rainbow" in terms of colour scheme. And I think it was a very solid choice!


Lastly I did want to include a solid coloured piece to tone things down and landed on this Meta OP. Obviously, due to both the colour choice and the fact that it's an OP it is the least versatile thing in the capsule, but I think you can still wear it in a bunch of different ways. And besides, it's always nice to have an easy to wear piece even in a tiny capsule!

I've been having a lot of fun with capsules lately, so if you have any suggestions of a theme or style or whatever you'd like to see please leave me a comment! No guarantees I'll actually do it, but it's always good to have other peoples ideas to use as a starting point ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Ok - I love this! I know exactly the type of people who would wear the heck out of each of those outfits and they are all super, super cute. Especially how that Meta OP works. It could've been a bit too toned down against all those candy prints, and yet thanks to that vivid mint shade it works beautifully.
    And this format of capsule wardrobes that are even more compact works really well too. It's like a reminder that a capsule doesn't always have to be an entirely self-contained wardrobe, that it can be a small collection that could exist within a wider wardrobe context (e.g. if someone wanted to have a workable sweet style pieces, but don't want to give up on being a full-time goth or something). I think a wa-lolita themed capsule might be cool. Tricky - but good 0.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'll admit, I really like it too...I know I don't really wear it but this style of sweet makes me so happy!

      Oooooh yes, wa lolita capsule!

      Delete