Pages

Sunday 5 April 2020

AYWI30C #20: Based around a certain accessory

Like with the last prompt, to determine my starting point for this prompt I rummaged through my accessories. More specifically, I took a close look at my hair accessories - I once again wanted to pick an interesting piece as my starting point and honestly my jewellery and other accessories are still not particularly impressive. But I do have some interesting hair things!

Also, I do want to mention that I could have picked "fawn fur" as my accessory of choice and done something super fluffy, but that felt like a cop out and too easy, so I didn't. But yes, my fawn fur accessory collection is pretty spectacular!

In the end, I decided to make a coordinate based around my black and rainbow Mickey ears that I got at Tokyo Disneyland last year.


And this is what I came up with! I ran with two main ideas when putting this together - rainbows and circles. I'm not entirely happy with the colour balance as I feel there should be a bit more white up top, but otherwise I really like it! I'd wear it to Disneyland, that's for sure.


I really love these ears, they're kind of understated (as much as Mickey ears can be) despite being so blingy. And of course, black and rainbow is very, very me ^__^


In the interests of keeping things Disney I pulled out this Monsters Inc tee shirt instead of a blouse. It was actually a last minute decision but I feel it really pulled the coord together, planting it firmly into casual territory, which helped (in my mind at least) forgive any imperfections, like the colour balance.


I also enjoyed just messing around with the polka dot theme. On the one hand, it's kind of tacky and all the dots are different sizes so it's a bit mis-matched. But on the other hand, it's so fun having so many dotty things!


For accessories I kept things pretty simple, and of course rainbow hued. I know they're not typically lolita but I love my pastel jelly bands, they're just the right blend of cute and casual.

I really loved pulling this coord together. I don't often use an accessory item as a starting point so it was a new experience for me, and one that I'm glad I did!

2 comments:

  1. Disney lolita is valid and much needed. That Monsters Inc T-shirt really ties the whole coord together (is it from Japan? That Mike is so stereotypically kawaii).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy your affirmation ^__^ I'm glad you liked the shirt! I have no idea where it's from, we got it secondhand from a friend.

      Delete