Pages

Monday 1 June 2020

Coordinates from 16 - 31 May 2020

Starting this post with - you guessed it - more working from home coords!

First up, Monday meant more wa lolita with my Victorian Maiden skirt. I promise I'll try wa with a different skirt sometime!

Skirt: Victorian Maiden
Kimono & Obi: Vintage
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

I am so much happier with this outfit than my first attempt (though my apologies for the blown out pictures, the light was so weird outside). I figured out a better way of folding the kimono up (it's all tucked into the petticoat) and my obi tie is so much better. Better enough that I can actually show you the back this time! I also chose to make my peeking petticoat a deliberate feature ^__^


There's still a lot of room for improvement, and it's kind of not the most flattering look on me, but I'm so pleased to have done a better job already that it's got me excited to try more.

Next day I had a lot of Zoom meetings for work, so I made sure that I looked work appropriate from the waist up. So a fairly simple coord, but nice all the same and I enjoyed wearing pink with this skirt.

Skirt & Headbow: Handmade
Socks: Metamorphose temp de fille
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

I skipped wearing lolita for the rest of the week, I was so swamped with work (and also kind of sick and stressed) that I did not have the energy for it. And that's okay!

Next Monday I reached a point with my lolita outfits...I repeated a coord from earlier in the year! Shocks and shame! Well, it's not a complete repeat, just the main piece and cutsew combo, but still. I mean, I'm not actually shocked or ashamed, I just really liked this outfit and wanted to wear it again, but it feels weird to be wearing lolita so much that I've come around to repeating coords and it being okay, you know?

Also, I didn't put shoes on because it was raining outside so I decided I could not be arsed. Why wear shoes just to stand up literally half a meter away from the desk where I was working? Ultra casual lolita FTW!

JSK: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Cutsew: Drug Honey
Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Socks: Offbrand

I promise I'll wear Shirring Princess in a non-casual outfit someday!

On Tuesday I pulled out my BTSSB tartan and once again coorded the sweet dress in a more classic way. I rather like how it turned out and it's certainly not a coord I'd have come up with if I wasn't trying new things with working from home.

JSK & Capelet: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Beret: Peacockalorum
Socks: Innocent World
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

Thursday turned out to be a pyjama day, and I'm okay with that. There's a lot going on right now (some of which is very exciting and I'll share about it in a month or so) so I'm trying to be gentle with myself. Wearing lolita is great, but so is staying warm and cosy.

Buuuut skipping Thursday lead to me skipping the rest of the week working from home, oops! However, I redeemed myself slightly by wearing a quick and casual coord to catch up with some friends.

Skirt: Metamorphose temp de fille
Cutsew, Bag & Bracelet: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao

All we did was get drive thru fast food, then sit in a park to eat it, but it was still really amazing to actually see friends IRL. Pandemic is weird man.

So all in all my round up post for the latter half of May only has five coords! It's hilarious to me that I'm feeling a bit sheepish about that - it shoes how quickly something becomes normal. I should have had 8-10 coords for this period! But it doesn't really matter, I enjoyed wearing lolita when I did and I hope you liked seeing these coords ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Ok but I love that wa look? The lace tights just tie it together so well into that Taisho-esque aesthetic! I think the reason you might be feeling like it's not the most flattering look on you is probably to do with the nature of kimono and wa clothing - they are not intended for us busty people. The ideal kimono silhouette is a column and women will wear lots of undergarments and "shapewear" pieces to basically get it all looking flat. I remember last time I wore a yukata properly (and not the touristy kind, a kimono shop owner has very kindly loaned me a piece and dressed me in it) I had all kinds of panels and contraptions inserted into various places to basically flatten me. So maybe that's something that could make you feel like this particular kind of wa look sits better on you?

    Tartan and fawn fur is a combination I never expected to work - yet it does and so well too!

    I can't express how much I envy you that drive through fast food and seeing your friends in a park. Technically the UK is easing its lockdown rules, but we're not actually in a position to and these should be tightened because shit is bad. So I'm very torn between the heart and mind choices - the wanting to see someone, even if from 2m apart in a public space, and wanting to stick with doing what's right that everyone should be doing right now.

    And again, I agree, wearing lolita a lot became very normal so quickly! It has been a full 8 days without a single lolita outfit for me and I felt so weird about this that I threw on something very quick and casual yesterday. Which reminded me how much better that makes me feel, so I guess I'm over the blues from my May coords roundup post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thank you! That means a lot and yeah, I do agree it's probably just the nature of the beast with my body and kimono. Going to keep working at it though! Want to try wearing a kimono as a blouse under a JSK next ^__^

      I loved the tartan/fawn fur way too much, it makes me want to try adding fawn fur to literally everything lol.

      I totally get you on that, our government is also being very weird about what is and isn't okay (kids are back at school, but you can't have more than five visitors in your home) so it's kind of tricky. It was so good to have an in person hang out though - I'm a massive introvert but damn I'd missed it!

      Glad you're over the blues! I actually haven't worn lolita in about a week myself now (life has been crazy...and it's really cold!) and so I totally get that feeling!

      Delete