Pages

Sunday 30 September 2018

Lolita Blogpost Roundup: September 2018

September felt like a really good lolita month on the internet! Whether it's because there were a couple of big events and therefore people are more active, or maybe the stars just aligned, but whatever the reason I got a lot of enjoyment out of the online lolita community this past month.


Myths of Our Own in Dublin from Gravelvet
Vlogs and photos, what more can you ask for after an event? Well, I mean, I like written posts but I know a lot of people prefer vlogs so here you go!

Fairy Tale Forest – Little Starlet – A Review from Bonniviwii
I would never wear this dress. But all the pictures in this post are so gorgeous that I still have sever dress envy! Seriously, go check out this marvellous eyecandy. 

STEAM E;DEN Lolita Meetup from ABC Lolita
Steampunk lolita is my jam. I love it, so this was a fun meetup/outfit post to see pop up in my feed this month.

Tricolour of Boleros from Cupcakes and Unicorns
Oh my goodness, the Millefeuille boleros from Innocent World are such a classic staple (and I totally want to have several of them myself someday). So it was really nice to see a post of comparison and appreciation for these gorgeous pieces.

What is One Piece That You Could Never Give Away & Why... from In Love With a Dream
This was a LBC topic that I'm glad I didn't participate in because I don't think I could choose! But still, it was fun to read other people's perspectives on it.

Eternal Twilight (Hellocon 2018) Trip Report: Day 1 from Rose Sanctuary
Now this is an epic event report! I am so not a gothic person, but I would have dearly loved to have gone to this event, it looks like it was amazing.

Otome No Sewing Book 1: English from Fuwa Fuwa Fashion
This post put me over the moon - a complete translation of the first ONS book! Now I really want to sew again and am just buzzing with ideas ^__^

Looking At The Roots Of Lolita - Pre-Oldschool Cynical Neo-Princessism
I really, really love reading "academic" posts about lolita. It's not something I'd ever enjoy researching and writing myself, but I love that other people put the required time and effort into uncovering and sharing information to share with the community.

What Lolita Wardrobe Posts Don't Show You from Vanilla Bear
This post was just a beautiful thought piece. And relatable, as my last lolita outfit (not my wedding outfit, don't worry!) is sitting in a pile on the floor right now...

Guys, I'm loving being properly back at it. I really, really missed wearing lolita and being involved in this community. I'm still not feeling 100% but it's so good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment